Counselling, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), NLP in Gloucester
Member Organisation(s): BACP
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Counselling, NLP
- ReviewsTotal:(+0, -0)
- Write a review
- About Counselling Gloucester
Asking for help is hard. You want someone to listen to you but find the vast listings of Counsellors/Psychotherapists can make your head spin!
Sue Christy’s approach is simple. She has a passion for her work and it shows. Sue’s aim is to help you find a positive outcome no matter what the problem is. No matter how deep you feel you have sunk, there is always a way back up.
Sue uses common sense in her approach and trusts that it is the counselling relationship, not ‘psychobabble’ that will prove fundamental to the counselling process. Sue will work with you at your pace, and won’t push you - unless that is what you want.
For many people, between one and six meetings with a counsellor are sufficient to make a real difference to what was troubling them. Sue also offers longer term counselling where appropriate.
GP and Employee Assistance referrals are welcome but not necessary.
- My training, work experience and any achievement
This BACP qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist brings to bear her deep professional and personal experiences to help get to the root of her client’s troubles, and her sessions are renowned for their clarity of purpose and positive outcomes.
Prior to her professional training as a Counsellor/Psychotherapist, Sue had a wealth of experience working within the business arena and draws upon this in her work with Employee Assistance Providers and Workplace Counselling, together with clients who may be struggling with business related difficulties.
Sue has also worked extensively with both adults and young people within counselling agency and GP surgery settings. She is also passionate about supporting counselling students who are undergoing their professional training and offers reduced fees for this ongoing support.
Sue currently runs her own private practice and enjoys regularly contributing to BBC Radio Gloucestershire in addition to delivering workshops for other counselling/psychotherapy practitioners who wish to establish and/or further develop their own successful practices in the UK.
Sue is a countryside lover and enjoys spending her free time with her dogs, horse and chickens!
As a professional member of the BACP (The British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy), Sue is bound by their code of ethics and committed to her continuous professional development.
During early 2012, Sue was awarded the BACP Certificate of Proficiency during a pilot testing scheme, which was trialled by a sample group of eligible BACP qualified counsellors. This means that Sue is now an early member of the UK’s national regulatory body, the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care (PSA). Sue is proud to be part of this voluntary register which will ensure better safeguards for clients and higher standards for counselling in the UK.
- Concerns & issues I deal with
- Abuse, Addictions, Adolescence, Adoption, Affairs, Aggression, Agoraphobia, Anger Management, Anxiety, Assertiveness, Bereavement, Boredom, Bullying, Childhood Issues, Codependency, Compulsive Behaviour, Couple Relationships, Debt, Depression, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Erectile Dysfunction, Exhaustion, Family Problems, Fatigue, Fear, Gambling, Grief, Impotency, Infertility, Inhibitions, Internet Addiction, Low Self Confidence, Low Self Esteem, Managerial Consultancy, Manipulative Behaviour, Marriage (Marital Relations), Menopause, Midlife Crisis, Mothering, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Negative Thoughts, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD), Panic Attacks, Panic Disorder, Parenting, Perfectionism, Performance Management, Personal Growth, Personal Relationships, Pet Bereavement, Phobias, Post Natal Depression (PND), Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Pregnancy, Premature Ejaculation (PE), Rape, Redundancy, Relationship Problems, Repetitive Negative Patterns, Sadness, Same Sex Relationships, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), Self Determination, Self Development, Self Harm, Separation, Sex, Sexual Abuse, Sexual Offences, Shame, Shyness, Social Phobia, Stress, Stress Management, Suicidal Thoughts, Trauma, Unresolved Issues,
- Age groups I work with
- Further Information
Sue aims to see all new clients within one week from their initial call/enquiry, and reserves a small number of spaces weekly purely for new clients to begin their counselling.
Counselling is an important step forward, so take your time and read about as many counsellors and psychotherapists as you wish before deciding upon one that best suits your individual needs. You may also want to contact a number of practitioners to find out more before making your final decision. The most important thing is that you are comfortable with your choice and feel you can connect with your counsellor
Sue is only too aware of the adjustments you may have to make in your life to commit to the counselling process. It is with this in mind that Sue does not prescribe a fixed number of sessions, but works in collaboration with you to establish your hopes and ambitions from the counselling process, keeping a realistic eye on all of the practicalities involved.
Sessions are charged at £40.00 per 50 minute session for individuals and £60.00 for couples.
Sessions are available during the daytime, evenings and weekends.
Sometimes a 50 minute face-to-face session may not be what you need and Sue will discuss other contact options i.e. telephone/email/online counselling where appropriate.
Sue does offer a limited number of reduced fee sessions for counselling students and those who are unable to pay at the full rate. Please contact Sue to discuss this and do not let finances get in the way of you getting the help you seek.
If Sue is unable to offer you her services at this time she will do all she can to refer you to an appropriate colleague/service locally.
- My Blog Posts
- Upcoming Events
- September 28 2012(Ongoing): Attract More Clients!
Is any of the information here incorrect? Let us know. Report Wrong Information
Is this your listing? Click here to update information in your profile.
- ReviewsTotal:(+0, -0)
- Price List
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £40.00/session
- Counselling: £40.00/session
- NLP: £40.00/session
- Write a review of Counselling Gloucester
- Review Summary
Value for Money :0.0Customer Service :0.0Communication :0.0Satisfaction :0.0
- 0 Positive
- 0 Neutral
- 0 Negative
- Customer Reviews
- Write your own review
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.
Name: Mrs. Sue ChristyPhone Number :Location(s):
Sue Christy Counselling
Gloucestershire GL1 2LR
- Alcohol Dependence
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- View all issues
- Antisocial Personality Disorder (APD)
- Aspergers Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Avoidant Personality
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bisexual Issues
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Career Counselling
- Childhood Issues
- Chronic Disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME)
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Concentration Problems
- Conduct Disorder (CD)
- Couple Relationships
- Criminal Behaviour
- Cultural Issues
- Dependent Personality Disorder (DPD)
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Emotional Abuse
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Family Problems
- Gay Issues
- Gender Dysphoria
- Gender Identity Disorders
- HIV And AIDS
- Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
- Impulse Control Disorders (ICD)
- Impulsive Behaviour
- Integration Of Experience
- Intermittent Explosive Disorder (IED)
- Internet Addiction
- Learning Difficulties
- Lesbian Issues
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
- Managerial Consultancy
- Manipulative Behaviour
- Marriage (Marital Relations)
- Memory Problems
- Mens Issues
- Mental Health Problems
- Midlife Crisis
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
- Pain Management
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Paranoid Personality Disorder
- Pathological Gambling
- Performance Management
- Personal Growth
- Personal Relationships
- Personality Disorders (PD)
- Pet Bereavement
- Physical Abuse
- Physical Illness
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Premature Ejaculation (PE)
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Psychogenic Neurosis
- Relationship Problems
- Repetitive Negative Patterns
- Same Sex Relationships
- Schizoid Personality Disorder
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Determination
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Addiction
- Sexual Dysfunctions
- Sexual Harassment
- Sexual Offences
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI)
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking Addiction
- Social Phobia
- Somatogenic Psychosis
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Terminal Illness
- Tourettes Syndrome (TS)
- Transgender Issues
- Unresolved Issues
- Weight Loss
- Work Stress
- Find complementary therapists in Gloucester:
- Acupressure in Gloucester
- Acupuncture in Gloucester
- Alexander-Technique in Gloucester
- Aromatherapy in Gloucester
- Chiropractic in Gloucester
- Counselling in Gloucester
- Crystal-Therapy in Gloucester
- EFT-(MTT)-Tapping in Gloucester
- Hypnotherapy in Gloucester
- Indian-Head-Massage in Gloucester
- Life-Coaching in Gloucester
- Mens-Health in Gloucester
- Mindfulness-Based-Cognitive-Therapy-(MBCT) in Gloucester
- Natural-Fertility-Therapy in Gloucester
- NLP in Gloucester
- Nutritional-Therapy in Gloucester
- Psychotherapy in Gloucester
- Reflexology in Gloucester
- Reiki in Gloucester
- Shiatsu in Gloucester
- Spiritual-Healing in Gloucester
- Sports-Massage in Gloucester
- Stress-Management in Gloucester
- Swedish-Relaxation-Massage in Gloucester
- Tai-Chi in Gloucester
- Thai-Massage in Gloucester
- Time-Line-Therapy in Gloucester
- Traditional-Chinese-Medicine-(TCM) in Gloucester
- Womens-Health in Gloucester
- Zero-Balancing in Gloucester