Deep Tissue Massage, Sports Massage in Cheltenham
Member Organisation(s): Federation of Holistic Therapists
Deep Tissue Massage, Sports Massage
- ReviewsTotal:(+0, -0)
- Write a review
- About Jane Rackham
I’ve always been mad about sport from a very early age,represented the school for Hockey, netball played county Hockey then Club Hockey.
I’ve now been in the Fitness Industry for 20 years teaching a variety of classes but currently teach 3 classes. I took my Swedish massage course in 1993 and then my Sports course in 2003. Since 2005 I have rented a room in a gym called Reach Fitness in Cheltenham. The environment is fun and theres plenty to do.
My main sport since 2000 is Triathlon which saw me compete in my First Ironman race in 2010 in Regensburgh Germany so I’m very experienced in putting my body through long endurance races. It has to go down as one of the most memorable days of my life so far and can’t wait to compete in my next. I am passionate about my sport and the close family atmosphere it creates. I am a member and Club Captain of Tri Team Glos.
My work is varied with seeing office workers right through to young athletes to general sports exercisers and Elite athletes.. I look closely at Posture which can have a massive impact on problems and injury through working situations. ’the chair is a Killer’ was an article written highlighting that we sit down far to long every day which tightens up areas of the body.
A typical 1st Appoinment would be completing a consultation/medical form then looking at your specific problem/injury. Treatment would be a vartiety of techniques and stretches that may be given as Homework or completed before leaving appointment.
The Rossiter System is a fairly new treatment that I am intergrating into my practise. It’s very unique as my foot is used to add weight to an area of the body to stretch the connective tissue. Think of it as the bodies defence mechanism and so it will only unlock through a series of strange locks and stretches from the coach (thats Me). You are in charge as you dictate how much weight the coach puts down. You are part of your own recovery which is very unique.
The body needs constant stretching because of the demands we put it under during work/rest and play! and so I promote the use of Foam Rollers and assisted stretching in between my treatments as self help measures. The Foam Roller is a Connective tissue release (myofascia) workout. It’s not the nicest of treatments but it gives amazing results.
I put my body through a massive amount of training and so I stretch well and use the Foam Roller every day. It keeps me fairly injury free.
- My training, work experience and any achievement
Level 3 Sports Massage 2003
St Johns First Aid Certificate 2010 to 2013
Rossiter System Unit 1 October 2011
Rossiter System Unit II May 2012
One Day workshops Oxford 2011/2012
The Hip/The Shoulder/The Knee 2012
Rossiter System Unit III March 2013
- Concerns & issues I deal with
- Ankle Injury Treatment, Back Pain Treatment, Cryotherapy, Exercise Therapy, Posture Management, Pregnancy Related Disorders, Sports and Occupational Rehabilitation, STT-Soft Tissue Therapy, Trigger Point Therapy, Whiplash, Myofascial Release, Posture Management,
- Other concerns & issues I deal with
- Assisted Stretching is a big part of my treatments. Many areas need deep stretching to allow the opposing muscle to start working correctly especially in Postural Disfunction and chronic/long term issues. This is acheived simply by testing which muscle groups are tight and incorporating the Assisted Stretches at the end of the treatment. These are then correctly performed by you so you can carry on the stretches at home.
- Age groups I work with
- Further Information
- I am only a phone call or email away and any additional information you would like to know then please get in touch.
Is any of the information here incorrect? Let us know. Report Wrong Information
Is this your listing? Click here to update information in your profile.
- ReviewsTotal:(+0, -0)
- Price List
- Deep Tissue Massage: £40.00/session
- Sports Massage: £40.00/session
- Write a review of Jane Rackham
- Review Summary
Value for Money :0.0Customer Service :0.0Communication :0.0Satisfaction :0.0
- 0 Positive
- 0 Neutral
- 0 Negative
- Customer Reviews
- Write your own review
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.
Contact Jane Rackham for more information.
Name: Jane RackhamPhone Number :Location(s):
Gloucestershire GL53 7PU
- Find complementary therapists in Cheltenham:
- Acupressure in Cheltenham
- Acupuncture in Cheltenham
- Alexander-Technique in Cheltenham
- Aromatherapy in Cheltenham
- Chiropractic in Cheltenham
- Counselling in Cheltenham
- Crystal-Therapy in Cheltenham
- EFT-(MTT)-Tapping in Cheltenham
- Hypnotherapy in Cheltenham
- Indian-Head-Massage in Cheltenham
- Life-Coaching in Cheltenham
- Mens-Health in Cheltenham
- Natural-Fertility-Therapy in Cheltenham
- NLP in Cheltenham
- Nutritional-Therapy in Cheltenham
- Psychotherapy in Cheltenham
- Reflexology in Cheltenham
- Reiki in Cheltenham
- Shiatsu in Cheltenham
- Spiritual-Healing in Cheltenham
- Sports-Massage in Cheltenham
- Stress-Management in Cheltenham
- Tai-Chi in Cheltenham
- Thai-Massage in Cheltenham
- Time-Line-Therapy in Cheltenham
- Traditional-Chinese-Medicine-(TCM) in Cheltenham
- Womens-Health in Cheltenham
- Zero-Balancing in Cheltenham