My name is Janis Sinclair and I am a counsellor based in Prestonpans, East Lothian, working with Adults, couples, and Children.
I firmly believe that counselling should offer a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment in which you can discuss various issues such as:
eating disorders and many more.
Furthermore, I believe that the key to any successful counselling is actually choosing the right counsellor for YOU. Hopefully, with the aid of my website, you will learn a little more about me, my background, and what should be expected from any counselling sessions and feel able to approach me.
My experience of personal counselling brought about a huge self awareness and understanding leading me on the journey I now travel.
My training, work experience and any achievement
I am a fully trained, qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist/Supervisor. I have extensive experience covering many areas and issues, working with both adults and children.
Postgraduate Diploma Counselling & Psychotherapist (Stirling University)
I have a small private practice in Prestonpans, at the same time I am a Project Worker with Crossreach Counselling Lothians; working in various outreach clinics throughout East Lothian. I also provide telephone counselling for Anxiety UK.
I have been a volunteer within various organisations:
ICSSS (Part of Open Secret)
Wester Hailes Health Agency
Age I Work With
Client Concerns I Treat
- Abortion / Post Abortion Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Body Image
- Career Choice
- Communication Problems
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Violence
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Identity Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Post Partum Depression
- Pregnancy and Birthing
- Relationships and Marriage
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Feminist Therapy
- Guided Therapeutic Imagery
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Interventions
- Narrative Therapy
- Person Centered / Rogerian
- Positive Psychotherapy
- Possibility Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £40.00/session
- Counselling: £40.00/session
- Psychotherapy: £40.00/session
Special Online Booking Offers
Individual Counselling £40.00 per 1hour session
Supervision £45.00 per 1.5 hour session
Couples £45.00 per 1 hour session
Write a Review of Mrs. Janis Sinclair
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.