About Carolyn Stafford Bell BA Humanistic Counselling
My approach to counselling is integrative, fundamentally built on person-centred. My aim is to provide a safe environment where your thoughts and feelings are given the time and space to be voiced and heard.
We all experience problems in our lives at some point, whether you may be going through a period of crisis, or perhaps you are hoping to change self-defeating patterns of thinking and behaviour, and when we are troubled we often don’t know what type of help we need we just know we need help. Telling someone you know (family/friends) may be difficult because it is personal and private, and they may offer their opinion and advice.
Counselling is different, it provides a non-judgemental response, counselling enables you to work through painful feelings, to grow in self-understanding and confidence, explore and develop coping strategies by looking at your options.
I would like to offer a good working relationship, where you can feel comfortable enough to share what is troubling you. Of course there is more than one way to work together, and I can draw from the different modalities and tailor my approach to suit individual clients.
I am a registered member of BACP, working towards my accreditation, my ethical obligations and duty of care towards both clients and my profession are very important to me.
I do not charge a cancellation fee, but would appreciate an email/text to inform me prior to arranged appointments.
- I have gained a Post Graduate Certificate in Person Centred Supervision (from a BACP Endorsed course). I am a registered member of BACP and eligible for accreditation status, which ensures i work within a Code of Ethics and Standards.
- The way I work is from a humanistic perspective; to offer supervisee’s a safe and confidential space to share their client work and feel supported in their practice, working with the individual need/level of experience of the supervisee in each session.
- Good supervision should be ethical, authentic and supportive - active, enlightening and spontaneous: trusting the process and gaining more self-awareness through reflective practice.
- An introductory meeting for 1 hour is advisable to ensure we can establish a healthy professional relationship and both feel comfortable to work with the other. Fees are £25 for this initial meeting.
- Fees for Supervision are currently £30 per hour, and subject to annual review.
Group supervision (maximum 3) £20 per 1.5 hours.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- BA (Hons) in Humanistic Counselling
- Post Graduate Certificate in Supervision
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Advanced Cert. in Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Working with Children & Young People
- Child Protection & Safeguarding
I have attended the following specialist workshops for continous professional development
- Counselling with tools & props
- Working with Clients’ family issues
- Techniques: Theory to Practice
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Unlocking Abuse
- Grief & Loss
- Private practice
- Working with Fear & Anger
- Loss & bereavement
- Trauma: Developmental Stages
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Domestic Violence
- Self-harm & Suicide
- Substance misuse
- Mental Health Awareness Level 2: eating disorders, depression, bipolar, post-natal depression
- Sex & Sexuality
- Sex & Relationships in Counselling
- Body process work & Dream work
Please note: toilet facilities are in my main home, however there are several public toilets accessable within the town (church street, council offices, Tesco’s)
Special Online Booking Offers
- £30 individual /couples per 50 minute session
- £40 EAP referral per 50 minute session
- £30 Supervision per hour - group supervision available
- £25 Students/Personal Therapy
- I offer daytime & evening appointments.
- I aim to offer an affordable and confidential service in a purpose built room from my home in Oakham, Rutland. I offer face-to-face counselling, either short-term structured or long-term therapy, usually 50 minute sessions.
- I do not charge a cancellation fee, but would appreciate an email/text to inform me prior to arranged appointment.
Write a Review of Mrs. Carolyn Stafford
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.