I am a fully Accredited Member of The Counselling Society and a full Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, (B.A.C.P.) working towards Accreditation. I am bound by their Ethical Frameworks for Good Practice in both Counselling and Psychotherapy. I provide Integrative counselling combining Person Centred, Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Humanistic, Transactional Analysis (TA) approaches and Solution Focused therapies. Counselling and psychotherapy can begin a journey of exploration for many people which can assist them significantly in moving themselves forwards in life. The more information they possess about themselves and their issues the greater their insight to effect positive behavioural change.
Counselling sessions offer dedicated time and a safe environment for individuals’ to consider all options open to them. This in turn allows them to feel empowered to make decisions and obtain a greater clarity in their life at times when they need this most.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I hold a Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Accreditation with the Counselling Society.
- Membership with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy working towards Accreditation.
I have also trained in the following areas
- Teenager and Parent Issues
- Restorative Justice (Victim and Offender Issues)
- Anger Management (which also includes working with young children and adolescents)
- Child Protection
- Counselling Young People with Stress and Depression
- I work with people from all backgrounds and cultures in private practice, and a private/NHS healthcare setting upon a referral basis. I regularly attend training courses and workshops to ensure my continued professional development, and ensure that I am up to date with current techniques and research.
- I provide consultant counselling services to a local foster care agency working with young children and adolescents.
- I also provide counselling/anger management sessions to young people in local schools on a referral basis.
- I hold certificates in mediation and provide mediation services in respect of domestic conflict situations in the home, neighbourhood and employment disputes.
- I have regular B.A.C.P. Accredited supervision sessions and hold professional liability insurance.
- I am fully CRB checked by all agencies I work with.
- I am a Registered Counsellor with Barnardo’s Adoption Agency who are responsible for providing adoption placement and support services.
My fees structure is as follows
- £15.00 for a 30 minute session (introductory session to counselling or useful for in between sessions to support overall therapy program if required).
- £30.00 for a 60 minute session (including couple counselling).
- £45.00 for a 90 minute session.
- The initial consultation allows any therapy to be scoped and structured accordingly and is an opportunity for both client and therapist to discuss opportunities of working together.
- Concessionary rates can be discussed at time of contact. Rates are reduced for students in training, senior citizens, individuals’ on low income and for young children and adolescents.
- There will be a cancellation charge should any appointments be cancelled with less than 24 hours notice.
- Should individual’s require more specialist assistance referrals to an appropriate health professional can be made.
I first used Elaine when I was a counsellor in training and went on to call upon her when my personal circumstances changed dramatically and I was finding it difficult to cope with so many negative emotions. Elaine supported me through many emotions and tears aplenty without making judgments about me, my responses and actions. I would definitely visit her again if I needed to. She knows my history now so it would make sense.
Write a Review of Elaine Harvey
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.