About Colin Thomas
We are an organisation offering a variety of psychological and psychotherapeutic services, with consulting rooms in both Staffordshire and Derbyshire. These include; psychoanalysis, psychotherapy, clinical supervision, family and marital counselling and group work. We also offer training and consultation for professionals and organisations in both the private and public sectors as well as Balint groups for GP’s, psychiatrists and health workers.
My training, work experience and any achievement
Colin has worked as a Consultant Clinical Psychologist in the NHS for over 25 years, and also as a Psychotherapist and Psychoanalyst in private practice. He has been involved in the training of psychologists and psychotherapists for many years.
Colin has extensive experience working with individual clients over short and long periods. Colin’s training as a Psychoanalyst with the Institute of Psychoanalysis in London enables him to work at a deep level with clients who wish to be seen more intensively on a regular basis.
Colin has also worked with a wide variety of groups and organisations in trying to help them understand and work with the full range of complex psychological difficulties.
Client Concerns I Treat
- Abortion / Post Abortion Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Body Image
- Career Choice
- Communication Problems
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Violence
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Identity Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Post Partum Depression
- Pregnancy and Birthing
- Relationships and Marriage
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Feminist Therapy
- Guided Therapeutic Imagery
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Interventions
- Narrative Therapy
- Person Centered / Rogerian
- Positive Psychotherapy
- Possibility Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
Write a Review of Colin Thomas
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.