About Michelle Harrison-Lee - MBACP (Snr Accred) - COSRT (Accred) - Accred GSRDT
As a counsellor and psychotherapist, I am all too aware of just how daunting taking that initial step towards counselling can be. The mere fact that you are reading this now means you are just a phone call away from putting that right. While we sometimes turn to a friend or family member in our hour of need. It is when the problem lies with our nearest and dearest, that we should consult with a professional. This is where I can help.
My time in counseling has taught me that no two people are the same. The counseling process is much the same as this, as there are many different styles of therapy that can be applied. It is my ability to focus on each individual or couple, using a combination of contemporary, psychodynamic, systemic and cognitive behavioral therapies to assist and guide my clients to understanding the concerns they face.
I work in ways that respect the individuality of the client, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, culture, education and sexuality. You will be welcomed into a warm and caring environment where confidentiality and privacy are assured. Please feel free to visit my website, email or call me without obligation with any questions you may have. I look forward to your call.
The counselling process is about finding ways to deal more effectively with feelings, behaviours, relationships and life’s issues.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- 2002 Certificate In marital & couple counselling theory & practise
- 2005 Post Graduate Diploma in Couple Therapy (East London University)
- 2006 BACP Accreditation as a Counsellor & Psychotherapist (British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists)
- 2007 Therapeutic mediation pilot scheme working with homeless prevention with youths and their families. (Local London Authorities)
- 2008 Work with Relate as a clinical supervisor. (Relate the relationship people)
- 2009 Open my own private practice giving clinical supervision to Licensed and Trainee practitioners.
- 2010 Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Supervision (University of Hull)
- 2010 Qualification as a Group Skills For Trainers (Awarded by the National Open College Network - NOCN)
- 2014 Post Graduate Diploma in Psychosexual Therapy (University of Hull)
- I am a Clinical Supervisor who has also been working as a Counsellor/Psycho-therapist for many years. I have trained in a broad range of orientations which is reflected in my flexible approach to supervision. These orientations that I primarily utilize are Psychodynamic perspectives, Systemic practice and Cognitive Behavioural Theories (CBT).
- I currently work from my private practice in Greenwich. I specialise in working with individuals, couples, families, adolescents and groups as a therapist, supervisor and trainer.
- I also work with trainee and qualified practitioners, individually and in groups. My belief is that the success of the counselling process is based upon the positives that are gained from the therapeutic alliance. The safe therapeutic relationship can only become possible when issues can be explored with an appropriately responsive counsellor.
Special Online Booking Offers
Please feel free to contact me for details of all operating hours, costings and conditions regarding all appointments that are made.
Mobile: 07881 688 755
Write a Review of Ms.Michelle Harrison-Lee
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.