About Roy Spicer
I am a qualified counsellor offering counselling for adults of all ages at my private practice in Puriton (near Bridgwater), Somerset.
My passion for counselling and helping people was generated from my own life experiences. I am 61 years old and often rely upon `touchstones` from those experiences, within my counselling work. I work with both men and women in short or long term work.
My approach is Person-centred; which means that I respect and value your ability to use your resources to make changes and to help you move forward in your life. I use other theories within my work such as Gestalt or Transactional Analysis if appropriate to help you.
It is my aim to demonstrate to you; deep understanding; acceptance of you in your world, a real genuiness and a non-judgemental attitude.
Our work together is confidential, trusting and respectful.
I believe that counselling can be a life changing experience.
My training, work experience and any achievement
Foundation Degree in the Science of Counselling- Bath Spa University.
Level 4 and level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling- cpcab.
Advanced Certificate in Counselling.
CRUSE Bereavement Care Training Course.
RSA Certificate in Counselling Skills.
BACP Certificate of Proficiency.
Home visits may be possible.
Services I Provide
- Alcohol Dependence
- Anger Management
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Childhood Issues
- Chronic Disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME)
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Couple Relationships
- Family Problems
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Marriage (Marital Relations)
- Mens Issues
- Midlife Crisis
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Personal Relationships
- Pet Bereavement
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Self Harm
- Social Phobia
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Terminal Illness
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
Client Concerns I Treat
- Abortion / Post Abortion Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Body Image
- Career Choice
- Communication Problems
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Violence
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Identity Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Post Partum Depression
- Pregnancy and Birthing
- Relationships and Marriage
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Feminist Therapy
- Guided Therapeutic Imagery
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Interventions
- Narrative Therapy
- Person Centered / Rogerian
- Positive Psychotherapy
- Possibility Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Counselling: £35.00/session
Write a Review of Mr. Roy Spicer
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.