About Sentient Counselling
Uncertainty over what counselling is about can be frightening and can put many people off asking for the support they need. My aim is to help people help themselves to develop better skills to cope with life’s challenges.
I provide a private, safe and comfortable place to explore the uncomfortable where you won’t feel judged, where you can gain a clearer understanding of what might lie behind your present feelings, and gain new coping skills in many areas of difficulty.
Further information can be found on my website www.sentientcounselling.co.uk
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society and a Registered member of the BACP. I provide a safe comfortable place to explore the uncomfortable with individuals, couples and groups. I am also a practicing mediator.
- I have many years experience working with individuals, couples and groups dealing with issues such as issues such as trauma, chronic illness, abuse, addiction, obsessive compulsive disorder, depression, anger, anxiety, relationship issues and bereavement. I am author of the books, ’Surviving Other People’s Self Esteem’ and‘When it’s Him’, a book about different types of abuse and how it can affect men.
- I am a member of the Northern Ireland Counselling Forum.
- I am an Anxiety UK approved therapist
Further information can be found on www.sentientcounselling.co.uk
Client Concerns I Treat
- Abortion / Post Abortion Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Body Image
- Career Choice
- Communication Problems
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Violence
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Identity Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Post Partum Depression
- Pregnancy and Birthing
- Relationships and Marriage
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Feminist Therapy
- Guided Therapeutic Imagery
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Interventions
- Narrative Therapy
- Person Centered / Rogerian
- Positive Psychotherapy
- Possibility Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £40/session
- Counselling: £40/session
- Psychotherapy: £40/session
- Life Coaching: £40/session
Special Online Booking Offers
I work on a sliding scale and offer reduced rates to students, the unwaged and those in financial difficulty. I also offer reduced rates to those requiring longer term therapy. Fees are always negotiable during the first session.
Write a Review of Darren Magee
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.