About Anna Marcon Counselling Associates
Counselling, Psychotherapy and Mindfulness are ways to enhance our sense of well-being, improve our relationships and friendships as well as help us get through the difficult parts of life such as depression, bereavement, miscarriage, fertility issues, divorce, redundancy, life transitions, suicidal thoughts, bullying or more serious mental health issues . Counselling isn’t always easy, sometimes it takes great courage to ask for support for our problems, to explore our inner selves, initiate change or break destructive and self sabotaging patterns.
I use a variety of therapeutic tools including CBT and Mindfulness or creative work with a focus on psychodynamic thinking to help clients work through and manage whatever issue has brought them to seek the safe, non-judgemental and reflective space that therapy provides.
I offer my clients new and less painful or stressful ways to deal with issues including anxiety disorders, OCD, addictions, mental health issues, dissociative disorders, Bi-Polar disorder, or self harming. These tools tend to bring longer term relief and healing as well as a greater understanding of what has caused the symptoms or patterns of behaviour.
I also work with couples/relationships and clients with mild to moderate Learning Difficulties and Specific Learning Differences and ASD (Neurodiverse)
As well as private counselling, psychotherapy clinical practice in South London, I work as a secondary school counsellor and counselling supervisor. I work with adults, young people couples and teenagers
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Graduate Diploma Psychodynamic Counselling & Psychotherapy Birkbeck University
- Cert Therapeutic Counselling Supervision CPCAB
- Certificate Relationship Counselling
- Diploma Integrative Therapeutic Counselling CPCAB
- Counselling Theory Open University (Dist)
- Certificate Understanding Substance Misuse CPCAB
- Certificate Counselling Skills Certificate CPCAB
- .b MiSP Teacher Training – Teaching Mindfulness in Schools
- Fully CRB & DBS checked Registered Member of the BACP
- Other experience includes working with GP and IAPT referrals as well as counselling within primary and secondary schools, a college, a London university and Women’s specialist Health within the NHS.
- Prior to working within counselling, I worked as a health coaching specializing in disordered eating patterns including food addictions, depression, bulimia and binge eating.
I have also supported health recovery and well-being, as well as working with students with specific learning differences and emotional behavioural difficulties.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Alcohol Dependence
- Anger Management
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bisexual Issues
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Career Counselling
- Chronic Disease
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Concentration Problems
- Eating Disorders
- HIV and AIDS
- Impulsive Behaviour
- Internet Addiction
- Learning Difficulties
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Manipulative Behaviour
- Mental Health Problems
- Midlife Crisis
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Attacks
- Personal Growth
- Personality Disorders (PD)
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Relationship Problems
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Addiction
- Stress Management
- Terminal Illness
- Transgender Issues
- Unresolved Issues
- Weight Loss
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Stress Management
Special Online Booking Offers
- Please feel free to contact me to arrange a free telephone consultation for up to 20 minutes.
- Fees are £50-£55 per 50 minute session or initial assessment appointment.
- Counselling Supervision is £50 per hour or £65 for 90 minutes.
- Supervision of students of counselling or newly qualified therapists by negotioation.
- There is limited availability for reduced fee sessions for students and people in financial difficulty (by negotiation).
Write a Review of Anna Marcon
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.