Mandi Simons Counselling
Counselling, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) in Hampstead
Member Organisation(s): BACP
Cigna,PruHealth, WPA, Exeter Family& Friendly,Simply Health
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Counselling, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Psychotherapy
- ReviewsTotal:(+0, -0)
- Write a review
- About Mandi Simons Counselling
I offer a safe and supportive space in which the client will feel enabled to explore and gain a deeper understanding of themselves and their relationships with others. This can be short-term cognitive behavioural therapy or long-term Psychotherapy.
1. Short-term Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
You may initially consider ’short term solution focused therapy’, as this can be for a fixed number of sessions, usually between 6 and 12.
In these sessions we will incorporate Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). The purpose of CBT is to initially change the way people think about themselves and in turn, their environment. CBT emphasises the importance of the present and the future, as opposed to the past.
A flexible and creative approach is encouraged by CBT. CBT encourages independence and can help individuals find their own resources, learn to recognise and use their own wisdom and discover personal methods for self-help, which should ultimately lead to self-trust and capability for self-change. I incorporate mindfulness techniques Into the cognitive behavioural therapy.
2. Long-term Psychotherapy
A psychodynamic approach is generally more appropriate in long term psychotherapy.
A psychodynamic approach looks at the lively and constantly active connections between different aspects of our personality. These connections are formed through past and present relationships with significant others, as we develop and grow. These relationships affect us both consciously and unconsciously and may affect how we relate to people and situations throughout our lives.
Working psychodynamically places much importance on how the past may influence the present, and how, in turn, patterns of behaviour from the past may manifest in all current relationships. It also acknowledges the existence of the unconscious and how powerfully we can be motivated by our unconscious wishes.
I often incorporate a combination of both CBT and a Psychodynamic approach into the sessions.
In order to decide which type of counselling is right for you I offer an introductory session. This is an opportunity for you to ask questions and to discuss what you would like to gain from counselling.
- My training, work experience and any achievement
I qualified with a British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Accredited Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy in 1996. I hold a BA (Hons) in Social Sciences and a post-graduate diploma in Mental Health.
I also work part-time as an Approved Social Worker, specialising in mental health and working with people from many different backgrounds and with an equally varied range of problems.
In addition I have trained in:
Cognitive Behavioural therapy
Working with Families where there is parental mental illness
- Concerns & issues I deal with
- Abuse, Addictions, Adolescence, Adoption, Affairs, Aggression, Agoraphobia, Alcohol Dependence, Anger Management, Anorexia Nervosa, Antisocial Personality Disorder (APD), Anxiety, Aspergers Syndrome, Assertiveness, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autism, Avoidant Personality, Disorder, Bereavement, Binge Eating Disorder (BED), Bipolar Disorder, Bisexual Issues, Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD), Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), Boredom, Bulimia Nervosa, Bullying, Career Counselling, Childhood Issues, Chronic Disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME), Codependency, Compulsive Behaviour, Concentration Problems, Conduct Disorder (CD), Couple Relationships, Criminal Behaviour, Cultural Issues, Debt, Dementia, Dependent Personality Disorder (DPD), Depression, Disability, Disaster, Disfigurement, Dissociation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Drug Abuse, Dyslexia, Eating Disorders, Erectile Dysfunction, Ethics, Exhaustion, Family Problems, Fatigue, Fear, Gambling, Gay Issues, Gender Dysphoria, Gender Identity Disorders, Grief, Headaches, HIV and AIDS, Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder, Hysteria, Impotency, Impulse Control Disorders (ICD), Impulsive Behaviour, Inertia, Infertility, Inhibitions, Integration of Experience, Intermittent Explosive Disorder (IED), Internet Addiction, Isolation, Kleptomania, Leadership, Learning Difficulties, Lesbian Issues, Low Self Confidence, Low Self Esteem, Major Depressive Disorder (MDD), Managerial Consultancy, Manipulative Behaviour, Marriage (Marital Relations), Meaningless, Mediation, Melancholia, Memory Problems, Mens Issues, Menopause, Mental Health Problems, Midlife Crisis, Miscarriage, Morality, Mothering, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Negative Thoughts, Neurosis, Obsessions, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD), Pain Management, Panic Attacks, Panic Disorder, Paranoia, Paranoid Personality Disorder, Paraphilias, Parenting, Pathological Gambling, Perfectionism, Performance Management, Personal Growth, Personal Relationships, Personality Disorders (PD), Pet Bereavement, Phobias, Physical Abuse, Physical Illness, Post Natal Depression (PND), Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Pregnancy, Premature Ejaculation (PE), Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Psychogenic Neurosis, Psychosis, Race, Rape, Redundancy, Rehabilitation, Relationship Problems, Religion, Repetitive Negative Patterns, Restrictions, Sadness, Same Sex Relationships, Schizoid Personality Disorder, Schizophrenia, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), Self Determination, Self Development, Self Harm, Separation, Sex, Sexual Abuse, Sexual Addiction, Sexual Dysfunctions, Sexual Harassment, Sexual Offences, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI), Shame, Shyness, Sleep Disorders, Smoking Addiction, Social Phobia, Somatogenic Psychosis, Spirituality, Stress, Stress Management, Suicidal Thoughts, Terminal Illness, Terrorism, Tiredness, Tourettes Syndrome (TS), Transgender Issues, Trauma, Trichotillomania, Unresolved Issues, Weight Loss, Work Stress, Emotional Abuse,
- Age groups I work with
Is any of the information here incorrect? Let us know. Report Wrong Information
Is this your listing? Click here to update information in your profile.
- ReviewsTotal:(+0, -0)
- Price List
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £70/session
- Counselling: £70/session
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT): £70/session
- Psychotherapy: £70/session
- Write a review of Mandi Simons Counselling
- Review Summary
Value for Money :0.0Customer Service :0.0Communication :0.0Satisfaction :0.0
- 0 Positive
- 0 Neutral
- 0 Negative
- Customer Reviews
- Write your own review
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.
Contact Mandi Simons Counselling for more information.
Name: Ms. Mandi SimonsPhone Number :Location(s):
West Heath Road
London NW3 7TT
- Find complementary therapists in Hampstead:
- Acupressure in Hampstead
- Acupuncture in Hampstead
- Alexander-Technique in Hampstead
- Allergy-Intolerance-Therapy in Hampstead
- Aromatherapy in Hampstead
- Art-Therapy in Hampstead
- Autogenic-Training in Hampstead
- Ayurveda in Hampstead
- Beauty-Therapy in Hampstead
- Body-Harmony in Hampstead
- Bowen-Therapy in Hampstead
- Chinese-Massage in Hampstead
- Chiropractic in Hampstead
- Cognitive-Behavioural-Therapy-(CBT) in Hampstead
- Corporate-Massage in Hampstead
- Counselling in Hampstead
- Craniosacral-Therapy in Hampstead
- Crystal-Therapy in Hampstead
- Deep-Tissue-Massage in Hampstead
- EFT-(MTT)-Tapping in Hampstead
- EMDR in Hampstead
- Flower-Essences in Hampstead
- Homeopathy in Hampstead
- Hypnotherapy in Hampstead
- Indian-Head-Massage in Hampstead
- Kinesiology in Hampstead
- Laser-Therapy in Hampstead
- Life-Coaching in Hampstead
- Meditation in Hampstead
- Mens-Health in Hampstead
- Mindfulness-Based-Cognitive-Therapy-(MBCT) in Hampstead
- Natural-Fertility-Therapy in Hampstead
- Naturopathy in Hampstead
- NLP in Hampstead
- Nutritional-Therapy in Hampstead
- Osteopathy in Hampstead
- Past-Life-Regression in Hampstead
- Personal-Trainers in Hampstead
- Physiotherapy in Hampstead
- Pranic-Healing in Hampstead
- Psychotherapy in Hampstead
- Reflexology in Hampstead
- Reiki in Hampstead
- Relaxation-Therapy in Hampstead
- Shiatsu in Hampstead
- Spiritual-Healing in Hampstead
- Sports-Massage in Hampstead
- Stone-Therapy-Massage in Hampstead
- Stress-Management in Hampstead
- Swedish-Relaxation-Massage in Hampstead
- Tai-Chi in Hampstead
- Thai-Massage in Hampstead
- Time-Line-Therapy in Hampstead
- Traditional-Chinese-Medicine-(TCM) in Hampstead
- Weight-Loss in Hampstead
- Womens-Health in Hampstead
- Yoga in Hampstead