About Flourish Counselling
Hello and welcome to flourish counseling.
Flourish means “to prosper, do well even in adverse circumstances”
If you are reading this, it is possible that you are feeling depressed, anxious or overwhelmed with the situations you are facing – and not flourishing at all !
If this is the case, I would like to tell you that no matter how bad you are feeling, there is hope that this will not last for ever and things can get better for you.
I have counselled many clients who begin Therapy believing that they are in such a bad place that they will never recover and after several sessions they begin to see light at the end of the tunnel.
I do not have a miracle cure but I have been trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy which is the treatment recommended by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence for the treatment of Depression and Anxiety Disorders.
You can read about CBT on my website www.flourishcounselling.co.uk.
I aim to ensure that lack of finance is not a barrier to those who need help. This is discussed at our first session. In order for you to decide if CBT is right for you. This assessment session is free of charge.
I operate from a Christian worldview. This means that you can add a spiritual dimension to your treatment if you wish.
Please do contact me if you think I can help.
My training, work experience and any achievement
I have an Honours Degree in Psychology and spent many years in business while I brought up my 3 daughters. I then completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and have since been working in Private practice. I have worked in a GP Surgery and with various Voluntary organizations such as Christians against Poverty.
Services I Provide
- Anger Management
- Avoidant Personality
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Childhood Issues
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME)
- Low Self Esteem
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
- Marriage (Marital Relations)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Pain Management
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Personality Disorders (PD)
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Self Development
- Social Phobia
- Weight Loss
Client Concerns I Treat
- Abortion / Post Abortion Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Body Image
- Career Choice
- Communication Problems
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Violence
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Identity Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Post Partum Depression
- Pregnancy and Birthing
- Relationships and Marriage
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Feminist Therapy
- Guided Therapeutic Imagery
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Interventions
- Narrative Therapy
- Person Centered / Rogerian
- Positive Psychotherapy
- Possibility Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £35/session
Write a Review of Mrs. Janet Atkinson
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.