About Maria Esperanza Fernandez
My name is Maria Esperanza and I have been practising acupuncture and herbal medicine full time for over 14 years now. I am based in Richmond, southwest London.
Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine are very gentle approaches to health that push the body into balance without causing any unwanted side effects. They are particularly useful for chronic or semi-chronic conditions, although acute and short-term ailments are also commonly treated.
Some of the conditions treated by acupuncture are arthritis, back ache, sciatica, frozen shoulder, menstrual and menopausal issues, infertility, IVF support, labour induction, digestive problems, stress, anxiety, migraines and headaches, fatigue, asthma, IBS, cosmetic facial acupuncture.
If your condition is not listed here please feel free to contact me to discuss it.
I speak Spanish and English.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- BA English Philology (Universidad de Valladolid, 1993)
- BScHons Acupuncture (University of Westminster, 2001)
- Pg Dip Chinese herbal medicine (University of Westminster, 2003)
- Certificate in Cosmetic Acupuncture (2008)
I have been working in private practice full time since 2002. I also work for Hoxton Health (Complementary therapies for the elderly) and Age Concern offering acupuncture.
- First consultation and treatment is £40, follow-ups £30.
- Home visits in Richmond-Upon-Thames £40
- Facial acupuncture: £80 for first consultation and treatment? £60 follow-ups
Services I Provide
- Back Pain
- Repetitive Strain Injury Treatment
Age I Work With
Client Concerns I Treat
- Abortion / Post Abortion Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Body Image
- Career Choice
- Communication Problems
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Violence
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Identity Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Post Partum Depression
- Pregnancy and Birthing
- Relationships and Marriage
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Feminist Therapy
- Guided Therapeutic Imagery
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Interventions
- Narrative Therapy
- Person Centered / Rogerian
- Positive Psychotherapy
- Possibility Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Acupuncture: £30.00/session
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM): £20.00/session
Write a Review of Ms. Maria Esperanza Fernandez
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.