About The Alternative Care
I am a fully qualified and registered acupuncturist and massage therapist.
I hold a Bsc (HONS) degree and have gone through extensive training including studies of scientific and medically orientated subjects such as physiology, pathology, anatomy.
Once graduated, I worked for a year alongside Dr Shu Jun Duan, a Chinese medicine doctor in London and for 6 years alongside PJ Cousin,a 30– years experienced and well-known acupuncturist, herbalist and homeopath.
I also worked for 18 months at the Gateway clinic, a NHS-funded clinic run by highly experienced practitioners, and widely recognized for its pioneering work in HIV.
I have now run The Alternative Care since 2007 and practice at “Kennington Chiropractic” in Kennington, London.
My training, work experience and any achievement
As a member of the British Acupuncture Council, I observe a strict code of practice which lays down stringent standards of hygiene and sterilization. These procedures have been approved by the Department of Health.
Post graduate studies include:
Spine: Examination and Treatment
Disease of the Endocrine System
Difficult diagnostics: A master’s class
Facial Revitalisation Acupuncture
Auricular acupuncture for Alcohol and Drug rehabilitation with stress management
Masterclass: Deep tissue massage
Acupuncture in pregnancy and childbirth
Services I Provide
- Bipolar Disorder
- Pain Management
- Personal Growth
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Stress Management
- Work Stress
- Back Pain
Client Concerns I Treat
- Abortion / Post Abortion Issues
- Academic Concerns
- Adjusting to Change / Life Transitions
- Body Image
- Career Choice
- Communication Problems
- Divorce / Divorce Adjustment
- Domestic Violence
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Family Problems
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement
- Identity Issues
- Life Purpose / Meaning / Inner-Guidance
- Midlife Crisis / Midlife Transition
- Post Partum Depression
- Pregnancy and Birthing
- Relationships and Marriage
Types of Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy /REBT
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Existential Psychotherapy
- Feminist Therapy
- Guided Therapeutic Imagery
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Interventions
- Narrative Therapy
- Person Centered / Rogerian
- Positive Psychotherapy
- Possibility Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
Write a Review of Mrs. Silene Bricet
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.