Counselling, Acupuncture, EFT (MTT) Tapping in Forest Hill
Member Organisation(s): British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy, British Acupuncture Council, Zen Shiatsu Society
HSF, Healthfield, Simply Health, Medicash, Benenden Healthcare Society
Acupuncture, EFT (MTT) Tapping, Natural Fertility Therapy, Shiatsu, Mens Health, Acupressure, Swedish Relaxation Massage, Reflexology, Remedial Massage, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Counselling, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Psychotherapy, Aromatherapy, Meditation
- ReviewsTotal:(+2, -0)
- "I’d been siuffering from pain in my knee for some time..." --Julian
- About Wellbeing Therapies
Hi, my name is Doug, I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist and Complementary therapist based in Forest Hill, South East London; welcome to my profile! I hope you find the content interesting and that it gives you a feel for who I am and how I work. If you like what you see and have any questions, or would like a chat about how we could work together, then please drop me a line.
I practise a range of treatment modalities, with the most popular being counselling and psychotherapy, acupuncture & shiatsu massage.
Many of my clients come for a touch therapy such as acupuncture & shiatsu for help with a specific symptom or condition. Although I treat a complete range of conditions, I specialize in psychological well-being and regularly help people to manage stress, anxiety, depression, addiction or bereavement. Others choose to have treatment to help maintain good health, as a preventive measure, or simply to improve their general sense of well-being. Many people return again & again because they find it so beneficial & relaxing.
Some of my clients are seeking a talking therapy and come for a course of counselling and psychotherapy if they are experiencing psychological distress such as depression, anxiety, & anger or are not feeling in control of their lives. Some of of my clients are interested in making progress with relationship concerns, whether they be of a personal or work related matter. Others are interested to explore the next period of their life after a change in career, or even redundancy.
Whatever your situation, please give me a call if you would like further advice.
Always happy to help.
- My training, work experience and any achievement
My aim is to integrate an understanding of western medical approaches with complementary and ‘talking therapy’ approaches to provide a beneficial and patient responsive service.
I am a fully qualified and experienced practitioner and teacher working to offer the benefit of combined know how and experience.
My treatment modalities include acupuncture, shiatsu massage, therapeutic massage, aromatherapy massage, and psychodynamic psychotherapy and cognitive behavioural therapy.
I have a solid and diverse training including:
*MA in Psychotherapy and Healing from the University of Middlesex
*PGCE, University of Greenwich
*BSc (Hons)Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM): Acupuncture,University of Westminster
*Diploma in Zen Shiatsu from the Zen School of Shiatsu in London
*Diplomas in Aromatherapy, Reflexology and Massage from Essential Care Training and other institutions
I am also a Senior Lecturer at the University of Westminster in London on the BSc (Hons)Complementary Medicine Scheme.
- Concerns & issues I deal with
- Foot Reflexology, Addictions, Adolescence, Adoption, Affairs, Aggression, Agoraphobia, Alcohol Dependence, Anger Management, Anxiety, Assertiveness, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Bereavement, Binge Eating Disorder (BED), Bipolar Disorder, Bisexual Issues, Boredom, Bullying, Career Counselling, Childhood Issues, Chronic Disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME), Codependency, Compulsive Behaviour, Concentration Problems, Couple Relationships, Cultural Issues, Debt, Dementia, Dependent Personality Disorder (DPD), Depression, Divorce, Drug Abuse, Dyslexia, Eating Disorders, Erectile Dysfunction, Ethics, Exhaustion, Family Problems, Fatigue, Fear, Gay Issues, Gender Dysphoria, Gender Identity Disorders, Grief, Headaches, HIV and AIDS, Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder, Hysteria, Impotency, Infertility, Inhibitions, Internet Addiction, Leadership, Low Self Confidence, Low Self Esteem, Managerial Consultancy, Manipulative Behaviour, Marriage (Marital Relations), Mediation, Melancholia, Memory Problems, Mens Issues, Mental Health Problems, Midlife Crisis, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Negative Thoughts, Neurosis, Obsessions, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD), Pain Management, Panic Attacks, Panic Disorder, Paranoia, Parenting, Perfectionism, Personal Growth, Personal Relationships, Pet Bereavement, Phobias, Physical Illness, Post Natal Depression (PND), Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Rape, Redundancy, Rehabilitation, Religion, Repetitive Negative Patterns, Sadness, Same Sex Relationships, Schizophrenia, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), Self Determination, Self Harm, Separation, Sex, Sexual Abuse, Sexual Addiction, Sexual Dysfunctions, Sexual Harassment, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI), Shame, Shyness, Sleep Disorders, Smoking Addiction, Spirituality, Stress, Stress Management, Terminal Illness, Tiredness, Transgender Issues, Trauma, Weight Loss, Work Stress, Auricular, Cosmetic, Electro, Fertility, Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Back Pain, Emotional Abuse,
- Other concerns & issues I deal with
With acupuncture and shiatsu I specialise in working with muscular skeletal issues such as lower back pain, knee pain and shoulder pain. I also work to ease headaches and allergies like hayfever. Additionally I offer a cosmetic acupuncture service for facial rejuvenation.
My specialism as a counsellor and psychotherapist is stress, anxiety, panic attacks, depression, relationship issues, gender identification and sexuality concerns.
- Age groups I work with
- Further Information
- Always happy to help!
- Upcoming Events
Is any of the information here incorrect? Let us know. Report Wrong Information
Is this your listing? Click here to update information in your profile.
- ReviewsTotal:(+2, -0)
- Price List
- Acupuncture: £55/session
- EFT (MTT) Tapping: £55/session
- Natural Fertility Therapy: £55/session
- Shiatsu: £55/session
- Mens Health: £55/session
- Acupressure: £55/session
- Swedish Relaxation Massage: £55/session
- Reflexology: £55/session
- Remedial Massage: £55/session
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £55/session
- Counselling: £55/session
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT): £55/session
- Psychotherapy: £55/session
- Aromatherapy: £55/session
- Meditation: £55/session
- Special Online Booking Offers
If you have any query or would like to discuss your situation then simply call Doug for your FREE confidential 15 mins phone consultation or alternatively email him to further discuss your precise needs.
- Write a review of Wellbeing Therapies
- Review Summary
Value for Money :5.0Customer Service :5.0Communication :5.0Satisfaction :5.0
- 2 Positive
- 0 Neutral
- 0 Negative
- Customer Reviews
I’d been siuffering from pain in my knee for some time when a friend suggested I try accupuncture. I was a little nervous about it but Doug soon put me at my ease and got to work. The pain cleared up within a few sessions and I am delighted! Thanks Doug
--Julian, London, July 11 2011
doug has helped me deal with pain in my left hip after cancer treatment damaged my bone - Avascular necrosis. He is also helping me to increase my mobility.
--Mike, London, May 10 2011
- Write your own review
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.
Name: Doug FootPhone Number :Website : http://www.wellbeingtherapies.orgLocation(s):
23 Sydenham Rise SE23 3XL
- Find complementary therapists in Forest Hill:
- Acupressure in Forest Hill
- Acupuncture in Forest Hill
- Alexander-Technique in Forest Hill
- Allergy-Intolerance-Therapy in Forest Hill
- Aromatherapy in Forest Hill
- Art-Therapy in Forest Hill
- Autogenic-Training in Forest Hill
- Ayurveda in Forest Hill
- Beauty-Therapy in Forest Hill
- Body-Harmony in Forest Hill
- Bowen-Therapy in Forest Hill
- Chinese-Massage in Forest Hill
- Chiropractic in Forest Hill
- Cognitive-Behavioural-Therapy-(CBT) in Forest Hill
- Corporate-Massage in Forest Hill
- Counselling in Forest Hill
- Craniosacral-Therapy in Forest Hill
- Crystal-Therapy in Forest Hill
- Deep-Tissue-Massage in Forest Hill
- EFT-(MTT)-Tapping in Forest Hill
- EMDR in Forest Hill
- Flower-Essences in Forest Hill
- Homeopathy in Forest Hill
- Hypnotherapy in Forest Hill
- Indian-Head-Massage in Forest Hill
- Kinesiology in Forest Hill
- Laser-Therapy in Forest Hill
- Life-Coaching in Forest Hill
- Meditation in Forest Hill
- Mens-Health in Forest Hill
- Mindfulness-Based-Cognitive-Therapy-(MBCT) in Forest Hill
- Natural-Fertility-Therapy in Forest Hill
- Naturopathy in Forest Hill
- NLP in Forest Hill
- Nutritional-Therapy in Forest Hill
- Osteopathy in Forest Hill
- Past-Life-Regression in Forest Hill
- Personal-Trainers in Forest Hill
- Physiotherapy in Forest Hill
- Pranic-Healing in Forest Hill
- Psychotherapy in Forest Hill
- Reflexology in Forest Hill
- Reiki in Forest Hill
- Relaxation-Therapy in Forest Hill
- Shiatsu in Forest Hill
- Spiritual-Healing in Forest Hill
- Sports-Massage in Forest Hill
- Stone-Therapy-Massage in Forest Hill
- Stress-Management in Forest Hill
- Swedish-Relaxation-Massage in Forest Hill
- Tai-Chi in Forest Hill
- Thai-Massage in Forest Hill
- Time-Line-Therapy in Forest Hill
- Traditional-Chinese-Medicine-(TCM) in Forest Hill
- Weight-Loss in Forest Hill
- Womens-Health in Forest Hill
- Yoga in Forest Hill