About David K. Smith
I approach counselling from an integrative perspective, combining different ideas and theories. I aim to keep developing my skills to help ensure my clients have access to the best I can offer.
If you are having problems in your life, finding the space and time to understand them is often difficult. Counselling can help with this, providing a place to talk through the things worrying you.
Everyone is unique, each person’s situation is different. I will work with you, helping you to understand your feelings and thoughts about what is proving difficult. From this you will have the opportunity to look at things differently.
I can help you explore how you came to be who you are. Together we can find out what has influenced your life, the things you like and dislike about yourself. So that you can decide what you might want to change and how this might be done.
The counselling I provide will give you a confidential and safe place to do this.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I am a member of BACP and follow their ethical framework.
- I work in an integrative way, bringing ideas from attachment theory; transactional analysis and cognitive behavioural therapy into a person centred approach that will help you find a way of understanding yourself in a language that feels right for you.
- I have worked with people experiencing difficulties in their relationships in a vast range of different situations.
- Much of my experience comes from the 20 years of work I have done with young single homeless people and those that try to help them.
- I worked in staff management positions from 1990 until 2007 and have a great deal of experience of coaching and motivating people to be the best they can at the things they are doing.
- In 1994 I achieved a Diploma in Management Studies.
- In 2005 I decided to train as a counsellor in order to focus upon how best I could help individuals.
- I qualified with a CPCAB accredited Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling in 2009.
- In 2012 I was awarded an MSc in Therapeutic Counselling from the University of Greenwich.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Career Counselling
- Childhood Issues
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Concentration Problems
- Couple Relationships
- Criminal Behaviour
- Cultural Issues
- Domestic Violence
- Family Problems
- Impulsive Behaviour
- Integration of Experience
- Internet Addiction
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Managerial Consultancy
- Manipulative Behaviour
- Marriage (Marital Relations)
- Mens Issues
- Mental Health Problems
- Midlife Crisis
- Negative Thoughts
- Panic Attacks
- Performance Management
- Personal Growth
- Personal Relationships
- Personality Disorders (PD)
- Pet Bereavement
- Physical Abuse
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Repetitive Negative Patterns
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Determination
- Sexual Addiction
- Sexual Dysfunctions
- Social Phobia
- Stress Management
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £40.00/session
- Counselling: £40.00/session
Write a Review of Mr. Emotionally Speaking Counselling
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.