About The Changemaker in Long Island - The Island Retreat
- The Island Retreat is a nurturing space that uses solitude and nature to help people breathe life back into their souls.
- The ultimate purpose of our Being is to help others restore their sense of wholeness & purpose with nature being the guiding light.
- The Island Retreat offers a place that feels like "Home", a place where You are accepted for who You are and treated like one of the family. No set agendas or timetables, just the essential time and space to "Just Be".
- The remoteness of the east-lands of Long Island and its wild ocean beauty are what breathes life and energy into this offering. For the natural peaceful environment provides a safe haven for people to explore themselves and what life can really offer them. Remembering the importance of working in harmony with nature to support our own wellbeing and that ‘simplicity’ is the blueprint for our future.
- Your first steps here will be like stepping back in time into a world of discovery encased in a wrapping of peace and quiet. No traffic noises, just nature to fill up your senses. Leave your worries at Colla Pier (where you catch the ferry) for this is where your escape truly begins. Let the island work her magic as you are transported to a place where time stands still and the only thing that matters is the "Now".
A Bit About Me:
- My quest has been to find my True Nature & the free spirit that lies within. This meant undertaking to break through the illusion of who I thought I was to discover the Truth. It has been an interesting journey and one that has been worth it and one that just keeps moving on.
- "I am not the person of the past nor the future, for I am Me Now."
- My tools for Change are rooted within "The A.L.A.R.M Concept" which was created by myself after discovering that this approach provided an attitude that kept ’freedom’ a priority and a ’resourceful state’ as an outcome.
It is our attitude that depicts whether or not we are able to deal with what at us. By allowing challenges to be something that develops us rather than weaken or destroy us means we create a robust attitude and become a stronger person. Facing up to and taking responsibility for where we are today and the outcomes that have resulted from our actions, means that we are able to maintain a reasonably smooth ride along the bumpy road of life.
By strengthening our ‘attitude’ means that we create an opportunity to boost our own personal resilience so that when we are faced with setback, pressure,change and challenging events we have the inner strength and determination to be able to maintain peak performance and still grow from the experience.
A solution focused approach to strengthening your resilience or what I call your ‘bounce-back’ factor is based upon 5 factors based around a wake-up call.
Wake up call – ALARM
A = Acceptance of who you are and of others
L = Letting go of the past and limiting beliefs
A = Acknowledging our desires, goals and our future
R = Responsibility – responsibility starts with you, ends with you and everything in between is your responsibility
M = Managing your emotions and time more effectively
"The hand that wields this tool for Change is guided by Inner Wisdom created by Life & Fueled by my Passion for the Natural World." Tracy Collins
My training, work experience and any achievement
Certified Master Practitioner of Coaching, NLP, Timeline Therapy & Hypnotherapy
What is NLP?
- “NLP otherwise known as Neuro Linguistic Programming is a system of methods and techniques that can help to replace negative habits, limiting beliefs, mental blocks and fears with new supporting beliefs as well as bringing about positive changes and behaviours.”
- Keeping it simple - NLP provides the tools to change the way you think so that you can achieve more. This results in you finding your own path to personal freedom and happiness.
*Death of my Father at the age of 6yrs old
*Mental & Sexual Childhood Abuse
*Depression – suicidal thoughts
*Health & weight problems
*Lack of self esteem, self worth & negative self image
Professional Career Background:
*Therapy Radiographer (NHS) - 15 years & Study at Sheffield University - Psychology of Cancer Care.
*Set up & ran a UK Birmingham Legal Firm - 10 years. Experienced in business management, customer service & the legal profession in general.
*Entered the world of NLP in 2009 & began in-depth studies around personal freedom & spirituality
*Launched UK Coaching Business 2013 - Life & Business Coaching
*In 2016 moved to Ireland to create a home & to plant the seeds of the future....The Island Retreat -Castaway East
* Telephone Coaching
* Virtual Coaching
* Castaway Breaks with or without coaching
* The island is 1hr 30 mins away from Cork
The Island Retreat has been created to offer a place where people can step back from the fast pace of life and find some peace and quiet so to relax, think and breathe. Expect wonderful sunset and sunrises as the cottage is nestled in the East lands of the island with south facing views overlooking the other islands. We are the only property this side and end of the island, which makes it very private.
Castaway Break € 70 per night for the room €10 per person for breakfast per day €20 per person per day.
The cottage is an old fisherman’s cottage, which is over 100 years old with the original stone dwelling within the gardens. Our cottage has been loving brought to life to create a place that is uniquely welcoming and homely. Our aim is for you to feel it’s your home for the duration of your stay. It’s all about relaxing and enjoying the wonders of the island without a care in the world, with us on hand as and when you need us.
The cottage is set in 5 acres of land which includes part of the coastline and rocks, so rock-pool bathing or having a campfire while star-gazing in one of the little stony coves is all on the agenda. You can lie in bed in the morning while your breakfast is being prepared and watch the seals playing in the rocky bay below or wonder at the great wide open Atlantic Ocean and completely understand why they thought the world was flat.
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
- sense of feeling lost & misunderstood
- relationship breakdowns
- self awareness
- self development
- change management
- ill health
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Childhood Issues
- Couple Relationships
- Family Problems
- Low Self Esteem
- Mental Health Problems
- Midlife Crisis
- Negative Thoughts
- Personal Growth
- Personal Relationships
- Pet Bereavement
- Relationship Problems
- Self Determination
- Self Development
- Sexual Abuse
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Terminal Illness
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Stress Management
- Life Coaching
- Life Coaching
- Stress management
- Relationship Therapy
- Relaxation Therapy
- Couples Counselling
- Hypnotherapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Hypnotherapy: €50/session
- NLP: €65/session
- Stress Management: €65/session
- Life Coaching: €65/session
Write a Review of Mrs. Tracy Collins
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.