About SAGE Psychotherapy and Counselling
Sometimes, it can really help to have someone on and by your side to help you on your way.
- When you feel you are not able to do it alone.
- When you feel trapped and don’t know which way to turn.
- When you feel worthless, useless and a burden on your friends and family.
- When you lack motivation and even though you know what you could do - you can’t get moving.
- When you worry all the time and can’t seem to find the answers.
- When the way you feel is affecting your everyday life, your job, your relationships, your eating habits, your sleep.
- When the advice offered by family and friends doesn’t help you feel any better.
Perhaps you really need someone professional to talk to.
You may be be suffering emotional pain as a result of:
Anxiety, Depression, Grief, Loss and Bereavement, Panic Attacks, Anger, Marital and Relationship Difficulties, Sexual Abuse or Dysfunction, Eating Disorders, Social Anxiety, Low Self-esteem, Illness or Disability, Bullying, Substance and Alcohol Abuse, Addiction, Trauma & Related Disorders, Phobias, Workplace Problems and many more.
- SAGE is a private Psychotherapy and Counselling practice operating in Dun Laoghaire since 2005.
- We are committed to adhering to the highest professional and ethical standards.
- All of our therapists are fully qualified, and accredited with the Irish Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (IACP).
- Has over fourteen years counselling experience.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Elma Murphy MIACP, H.Dip in Psychotherapy and Counselling
- MA in Childhood and Adolescent Studies
- I worked in the computer industry from 1984-2000 and my final position was Managing Director of Hewlett-Packard Ireland.
- In 2001 I left to complete a 4 year diploma in psychotherapy with the Tivoli Institute.
- I have completed courses in psychometric testing, CBT, play therapy, addiction, bereavement and loss and sexual abuse.
- I have also completed an honours Masters degree in Childhood and Adolescent Studies.
- I believe that we all have the ability to overcome our past and to cope with and manage whatever difficulties and troubles we experience now.
- Our therapy is based on the relationship between the therapist and you as a client.
- Our role is to listen attentively and without judgement, in order to help you come to awareness of what may be going on for you and to make any necessary decisions regarding this.
- Confidentiality is central to all therapeutic relationships and is discussed in detail at the first session.
- Sessions last for 50 minutes and are conducted on a one to one basis.
- The fee for individuals is €70, payable at the end of each session.
- The type of therapy most suited to the client is discussed and agreed at the first session.
- A decision is jointly taken on whether short-term, solution focussed therapy (CBT) is more appropriate or whether a longer term might be needed to understand the root cause of the presenting symptom (anxiety, depression, anger etc).
Other concerns & issues I deal with
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): €70/session
- Counselling: €70/session
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT): €70/session
- Psychotherapy: €70/session
Write a Review of Ms. Elma Murphy
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.