About Change for Life. Kathy Godolphin MSc. BSc (Hons) Dip Counselling, Dip He Addiction
I am an integrative counsellor who works with a wide range of challenges from survivors of abuse, domestic abuse, anxiety, anger management, depression and a wide range of other areas.
I specialise in anger management and Addiction Therapy and this incorporates all addictions; Gambling, Alcohol, Drugs (both street and prescription), Sex, and Food addictions etc.
I also offer counselling for anxiety and panic disorders.
I work with adults and children who have suffered child abuse, I can also provide general counselling, so whatever you feel you need help with I can help you explore in a safe and confidential environment, helping you gain the inner resources you need to move forward.
Don’t suffer in silence, get the changes you deserve with a change for life counselling.
As a holistic therapist I look at your life as a whole and together we can work on the whole picture to ensure the changes are maintained.
I am also a qualified life coach so if you need motivation or help discovering the direction you wish to go in I can help with this as well.
I can also bill directly, so if you have a personal budget and a budget manager, you don’t have to worry about finding the charges up front.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I am registered with the FDAP and HACP, I have a Bachelor of Science Hons degree and have just completed my Masters.
- I am an integrative Counsellor.
- I also have a Higher diploma in addiction therapy, a counselling diploma.
- I have also completed a wide range of courses in Mental health, Crime and Justice.
- I have a He Diploma in Addiction therapy and a Diploma in integrative Counselling.
- Many years ago I gained a basic counselling cert in counselling children and adolescents.
- I also practice Life coaching and have my Level 4. I have gained my NVQ Level 4 certificate in Substance misuse management as well.
- I was previously a high school counselor for the pupils and until recently was a designated safeguarding officer for a senior school, ive been a primary school counselor for the parents.
- Having been a foster carer for many years I have certificates in child protection, safe guarding, minimum standards.- I have a full CWDC portfolio, preventing bullying behaviour, E-safety, NSPCC child protection and also relate stress management.
- I’m a first aider and also have my mental health first aid.
Apart from my fostering role I deliver a drug and alchol awareness course for a number of other organisations and I was linked with some Isle of Wight schools providing addiction therapy and counselling, I also previously facilitated a domestic abuse course, and have delivered counselling and therapy to probation, so my experience within the counselling and therapy route is quite extensive and I love the work I do. I am always happy to have an informal chat before you book to see me, to decide whether what I offer is right for you.
I have a vast range of knowledge of working not just in counselling but also working with whole family units.
I previously worked as a family liasion/ counsellor in a primary school and as a counsellor in a high school. I also facilitated for a domestic violence program called ADAPT.
If you have questions before you decide if you would like an appointment please call or message and I will be pleased to answer any questions you may have.
We can also offer educational programmes and counselling for companies, so please enquire if you have any requirements or queries and we will do our best to offer a competitive rate with a professional service.
Mindfulness based cognitive behaviour therapy
12 step program
Self esteem work
Domestic violence work
Trained in the deleuth model
Plus a range of other techniques suitable to the individual.
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT): £45.00/session
Time Line Therapy: £45.00/session
Stress Management: £45.00/session
Nutritional Therapy: £45.00/session
Life Coaching: £45.00/session
Special Online Booking Offers
Mention this advert and book 6 weeks and get 1 week free.
Also running evening appointments now in Cowes
I spent a year working with Kathy as I went through dealing with my childhood abuse and eventually took my abuser to court. Kathy helped me come to terms with what had happened and helped support me through the court case. I am so thankful as i never thought i would get to this place in my life.
Really helped me to work through stuff id had bottled up for years. Feel like a weights been lifted off my shoulders. Cant recomend enough
Write a Review of Ms. Kathy Godolphin
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.