Karen provides complimentary therapy treatments such as Indian Head Massage, Swedish Massage and Reiki treatments in her treatment clinic in Bangor Co. Down. She also provides a service of onsight Indian Head Massage treatments to corporate clients.
INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE
Indian head massage is an extremely effective therapy that has evolved from traditional techniques, practised in India as part of family rituals for over a thousand years. The treatment areas involve massage to the upper back, shoulders, upper arms, neck, face and scalp. As there are energy centres here as well the combination of rhythmic strokes and techniques used during this treatment will soothe and rebalance the energy flow, creating feelings of ease, peace and contentment. Head massage not only proves an invaluable treatment, it also helps relieve stress related problems including: headaches, eyestrain and neck and shoulder stiffness. The skull is covered with a thin layer of muscle with tightens when we are feeling tense causing headaches and anxiety. By relaxing the muscle, a head massage can improve the blood flow, alleviate anxiety and relax your whole body.
- Relaxation for muscles, knots can be broken down and toxins released.
- Improves blood circulation and increases oxygen uptake in the muscles and brain.
- Improves joint mobility *Provides relief from earache, sinusitis, congestion, tension headache, migraine and insomnia as well as hair disorders like alopecia, dandruff and psoriasis.
- Provides sense of calmness, peace and tranquillity.
- Releases anxiety and stress *increases levels of alertness and concentration.
- Lifts feelings of depression, despondency and desperation.
- Eases mental tiredness and releases stagnant energy.
Swedish body massage is an ancient therapeutic treatment the perfect way for anyone who is overly worked and stressed out to relax both their body and mind. During this massage the therapist will use several techniques such as effleurage (long smooth strokes) petrissage (kneading) and tapotement (tapping) all of which work to relax tired and aching muscles whilst encouraging the flow of blood and lymph and enhancing skin tone. It is also a great mental and emotional stress reliever which leaves clients feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Reduction in muscle spasm, pain and tension.
- Release of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers.
- Relaxation and therefore reduction in anxiety.
- Improved blood circulation.
- Improved lymphatic drainage.
- Improved mobility
- Reduction of swelling caused by an accumulation of fluid in the tissues.
- Moisturising the skin.
- Improve muscle tone.
- Reduces anxiety
- Improves moods
- Balances the overall flow of energy through the body.
- Increased relaxation
- Calms your mind
- Induces a feeling of well-being through the comfort of human touch.
Reiki is a Japanese word for ‘universal life force energy’ that dates back 2,500 years to the Tibetan Buddhist tradition. It is an ancient healing system that was rediscovered by Dr Usui, who was a Japanese scholar in the late 19th century.
Reiki is a very relaxing healing treatment in which the practitioner can channel energy from the universe into the patient by placing their hands on or above main energy centres of the body called chakras. This helps to get the energy flowing through the body restoring physical and emotional wellbeing. . This is a simple, natural and safe method of healing that works on the four main levels of the body which are physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. This unintrusive treatment which is performed fully clothed lying on a treatment couch is extremely relaxing and feels like a wonderful glow of radiance that flows through you & around you.
- Dissolves energy blocks and promotes natural balance between mind, body and spirit.
- Assists the body in cleansing itself from toxins and supports the immune system.
- Clears the mind and improves focus as you feel grounded & centred.
- Promotes Harmony & Balance.
- Creates deep relaxation and helps the body release stress and tension.
- Accelerates the body’s self-healing ability as you start to return to your natural state.
- Helps relieve pain and supports the physical body healing.
- Compliments medical treatment & other therapies.
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional cleansing.
- Helps with pain management.
- Reduces anxiety
- Relieves depression
- Promotes health and wellbeing.
- Encourages mental clarity.
- Improves sleep
- Aids digestion
- Strengthens self-esteem.
- Offers support for substance abuse recovery.
- Heightens self-awareness & intuition.
- Aids better sleep
Some reviews from my clients:
- This a beautiful healing environment, and Karen is a wonderful therapist with healing hands. S McCaig
- Atlantis angel .truly relaxing experience .karen is lovely will be going back for another treatment. G Buchanan
- Had a swedish massage with reiki, very relaxing and karens very good;) Will certainly be back! N.Duff
- Had a full swedish massage by Karen. Got up the next day feeling like I’d slept for a month. Absolutely phenomenal!! J.Airey
- Amazing treatment if anyone reads this you must try this talented lady very very good .. P.Pyper
- Had a reiki session last night and it was fantastic. Thanks Karen, your a wee star xx M.Ball
- have had a few amazing massages from Karen and she is very mindful, thorough and i would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to bliss out! P.Devenney
- Karen is fantastic. The room is really relaxing and Karen is very good at what she does.