About Christa Stadtler - East London and Essex Psychotherapy, ELEP
I am an experienced UKCP registered therapist and offer a caring, confidential relationship that helps clients to explore and face their difficulties. In collaboration, we can then work out how to deal with life’s challenges in a safe and supportive environment.
I assist clients with all forms of anxiety including PTSD, panic disorders and phobias, as well as depression, childhood trauma, relationship issues, accidents, bereavements and losses. I also support clients who want to reassess their life paths, their priorities and relationships or learn to deal with destructive repetitive patterns. I currently work for an NHS bereavement service and in private practice.
Approaches I use
- I use tools from cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT), in combination with concepts and methods from person-centred and existential therapies. This allows me to tailor the therapy to each client’s difficulties and preferences.
- In addition, I offer EMDR therapy (eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing), which is recommended by the NHS for the treatment of posttraumatic stress, and for trauma arising from life events such as accidents, illnesses operations, traumatic bereavements and difficult childhood experiences. It is also helpful with most anxiety disorders including phobias panic attacks, social anxiety, and problems with public speaking.
- If clients are interested, I also teach mindfulness techniques, which are proven to enhance well-being, reduce anxiety and further self-awareness.
How it works
- I usually schedule a preliminary session with clients to discuss their difficulties and the possible therapy. This gives both of us the chance to meet in person and see if we can work together.
- Therapy can be short term with a limited number of sessions, focussing on single issues, as well as longer term, exploring major life experiences, mental and emotional attitudes and their consequences. Together we will review the therapy regularly to ensure that it stays useful and effective.
- I am conveniently located within 5 minutes walking distance of South Woodford underground station.
I am registered with Aviva, Cigna, WPA and Simply Health as a provider of psychological therapies.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- EMDR training with Sandi Richman
- Mindfulness for pain, (module 1) Breathworks
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy from Regent’s University
- MA in Counselling and Psychotherapy from the University of Wales
- BSc in Psychology from the University of East London.
- I work in private practice and for an NHS Bereavement Service. In addition, I hold psycho-educational courses and workshops.
- I am UKCP registered and follow their ethical guidelines and recommendations for good practice.
- I also offer counselling in German
- Registered with Aviva, Pruhealth, Cigna and WPA.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Childhood related issues
Low self esteem
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Avoidant Personality
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Childhood Issues
- Chronic Disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME)
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Conduct Disorder (CD)
- Cultural Issues
- Domestic Violence
- Family Problems
- Gay Issues
- Impulsive Behaviour
- Integration of Experience
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Manipulative Behaviour
- Midlife Crisis
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Performance Management
- Personal Growth
- Personal Relationships
- Pet Bereavement
- Physical Abuse
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Repetitive Negative Patterns
- Self Determination
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Harassment
- Social Phobia
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Terminal Illness
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Counselling: £50.00/session
- EMDR: £50.00/session
- Psychotherapy: £50.00/session
Special Online Booking Offers
Fees are based on standard 50 minute sessions:
- Individual face-to-face sessions start from £50.
- Couples therapy starting from £70.
- Telephone, skype, and email counselling from £50.
- Home visits can be arranged in exceptional circumstances however, fees for this service are set according to travel distance and start from £70.
Students on accredited training courses:
- Individual therapy £50.
- Individual supervision £50.
- Group supervision £40 per trainee for 1.5 hours.
Expert witness and report writing services are available. Please contact us for further information about these services and fees.
Write a Review of Christa Stadtler
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.