About Julie Atkinson Registered Member BACP Accredited
- Hello and welcome to my profile.
- I am a Registered Member BACP accredited Counsellor offering individual Counselling, Psychotherapy and Supervision in Leeds and Keighley, which is within easy access of Bradford, Wakefield and York via efficient road, rail and bus links.
- I have had experience of working with a wide range of problems and I am committed to helping people in their life journeys to move forward, to lead a more enriching life and to find their true potential.
- I have worked with staff from major companies such as Santander, 02 and Yorkshire Electricity, so I have experience of working on employment issues, as well as personal and relational problems.
- I also work privately with people who have contacted me directly.
- As a BACP registered and accredited member, all my therapeutic practice abides by their ethical framework.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I have an MA in Counselling and a BA (Hons) in Counselling and Psychology.
- Qualification in Supervision Practice
- Qualification in Transactional Analysis
- I am a Registered Member BACP accredited Counsellor.
- I have experience of working for a variety of voluntary organisations such as, the Jigsaw Visitor Centre, St.Vincent Support Centre, Outlook Lifeline project, Leeds City College, Bradford Academy, Appleton Academy, as well as Private Practice.
- I have particular experience of working with mental health issues, depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, relationship difficulties and individuals who have experienced abuse.
- I also provide supervision for those in training, qualified and advanced practitioners, working closely with course providers e.g. Leeds Beckett, York St John, Leeds City College, Temenos and charitable organisations such as The Market Place, Yorkshire Mesmac, Northpoint, Stephen Longfellow Academy and Step2.
- My training is in the person centred humanistic approach and as I have developed as a practitioner and supervisor, my approach has become more integrative and I draw on my skills as is most appropriate and beneficial for the individual client and this includes CBT techniques, Transactional Analysis, Brief Solution Focused Therapy, Mindfulness and Stress Management.
- It is very important that you feel comfortable with me as a Counsellor, I offer the initial no obligation session at £25, this lasts for around thirty minutes and enables us to talk through your difficulties and decide the best way forward.
- Subsequent sessions at the City Centre location are normally £60 and will last 50 minutes, the sessions are usually weekly but this is negotiable.
- EAP clients welcome.
- Concessions are available please feel free to contact me to discuss the fees rather than discount the counselling.
- I also offer one off Counselling consultations.
- Please contact me in confidence if you would like any further information about my practice or the counselling process, I am happy to help in the best way I can. (If I am unable to answer your call I will always return a voicemail message.)
- I always try to offer a prompt appointment and have daytime and evening appointments available.
- I have full Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- Enhanced CRB Disclosure.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Couple Relationships
- Eating Disorders
- Family Problems
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Mental Health Problems
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Attacks
- Personal Relationships
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Harassment
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Work Stress
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £65/session
- Counselling: £60/session
- Psychotherapy: £60/session
Write a Review of Ms. Julie Atkinson
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.