About Nick McNamara Counselling & Psychotherapy
I am an experienced UKCP Registered Counsellor / Psychotherapist and Certified Transactional Analyst working with individuals and couples at my private consulting room in Knaresborough, near Harrogate.
I work with individuals who bring issues such as depression, anxiety and stress, questions of identity, relationship issues, problems at work, bereavement, addictions, abuse, anger management and many other difficulties.
Many people have never experienced personal therapy before, and this can seem a daunting prospect. I am more than happy to speak with you by phone or email before you decide whether you want to make an appointment. Our first session or two will be spent exploring what it is you want help with, thinking about how we might do this, and really giving you an experience of what it might feel like for us to work together. Every therapy journey is unique, and it is my job to find the best way of working with you, and to help to put you at ease. Our work together might last just a few weeks or more than a year, depending on you and the kind of changes that you want to make.
In couples counselling it is my role to support each person in the partnership to explore their experiences and needs, to illuminate what is happening in the relationship dynamic, and to help provide the tools to make changes or move on.
I believe that whilst counselling and psychotherapy cannot make any of us into completely different people, the possibility of making profound changes in the way we experience ourselves and world around us is very real. I am passionate about my work, and feel it is a privilege to do it.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- MA (Distinction) in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
- Certified Transactional Analyst (CTA)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
- I have provided counselling and psychotherapy to clients in a variety of settings since 2003, including work for the NHS and as an Associate Psychotherapist at The Tuke Centre, York. I have been in private practice since 2006.
Ongoing professional development:
- I am a member of a monthly facilitated Continuing Professional Development group for qualified counsellors and psychotherapists and also a Peer Supervision group, which meets six-weekly. Along with periodic one-to-one Supervision my membership of these groups reflects my commitment to ensure that my client work is as effective as possible, and that I continue to adhere to high ethical standards.
- Sessions with individuals last for 50 minutes and my fee is £50.
- Sessions with couples or families last for 75 minutes and my fee is £70.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
- Questions of identity
- False self
- Wounded sense of self
- Eating disorders
- Abuse of all kinds
- Addiction of all kinds
- Personality disorders
- Sexual performance problems
- Sexuality, sexual orientation and identity
- Self image
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Childhood Issues
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Couple Relationships
- Criminal Behaviour
- Cultural Issues
- Dependent Personality Disorder (DPD)
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Family Problems
- Gender Dysphoria
- Impulse Control Disorders (ICD)
- Impulsive Behaviour
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
- Manipulative Behaviour
- Mens Issues
- Mental Health Problems
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Attacks
- Personal Growth
- Personal Relationships
- Personality Disorders (PD)
- Physical Abuse
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Repetitive Negative Patterns
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Sexual Harassment
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Unresolved Issues
- Weight Loss
- Emotional Abuse
- Counselling: £50/session
- Psychotherapy: £50/session
Write a Review of Mr. Nick McNamara
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.