About Saidat Khan Consulting
I’m highly qualified Humanistic Integrative Psychotherapist, Psychosexual therapist, Relationship therapist and an addiction specialist who helps individuals, couples, families and groups in gaining psychological awareness to improve health and wellbeing.
My approach to psychotherapy is influenced by my own eventful and often challenging life experiences, which gives me a deeper empathy and insight into people’s problems, past and present, and a greater understanding of why particular behaviours are adopted and used as coping mechanisms.
I embrace the following theories:
- Person Centred a non-directive humanistic approach that deals with the ways in which individuals perceive themselves consciously rather than how a therapist can interpret their unconscious thoughts or ideas.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) focuses on how thoughts and perceptions affect the way we feel and behave.
- Psychodynamic sees human functioning as based upon the interaction of drives and forces within us, particularly unconscious ones.
- Transactional Analysis (TA) is a modern psychology that involves a set of practical conceptual tools designed to promote personal growth and change and a method to improve communication.
- Gestalt Therapy perceives self-awareness as the key to personal growth and developing full potential, concentrating on ‘what is happening in the present moment’.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Experience working with people from all walks of life, cultural backgrounds, religion and sexual orientation during his time providing therapies, commissioning health services and developing primary care GP services within the National Health Service (NHS).
- Works with the notion that we are all born with an attachment to a relationship and that we all need relationships for our survival. The client-therapist relationship is the most fundamental part of the therapy that produces positive changes.
- Includes goals and targets within his therapeutic model and as a way of measuring the client’s progress and outcomes, will include a direct and challenging approach. He believes that this style of engagement continues to build trust in the relationship and drives the development and improvement of the client’s health and well-being. This style of practice also provides a structure that helps to increase confidence and motivation to make life changing decisions.
I work with:
- General issues (anxiety, stress, depression and bereavement)
- Drugs and alcohol
- Relationship problems
- Sexual difficulties
- Sex addiction/compulsive behaviour
- Ethnic and cultural integration
- British Association for Counselling Psychotherapy
- Professional Certificate in Treating Sex Addiction
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychosexual Relationship Therapy
- Diploma in Clinical Supervision
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Theory in Professional Development
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
- Relationship Counselling
- Couples Therapy
- Psychosexual Therapy
- Life Coaching
Write a Review of Mr. Saidat Khan Khan
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.