About Jim Aberdein
- My aim is to help you in as few sessions as possible.
- I am an experienced Human Givens counsellor and psychotherapist, practised at enabling people to find the resources they need to gain emotional balance, relief from distress and practical solutions to the difficulties life can throw at us.
- I work with people living with a range of conditions beyond depression, anxiety, panic attacks and sleep disorders, these include phobias, post-traumatic stress, all kinds of addiction, poor concentration, confidence issues and more.
Human Givens is a scientific way of Counselling.
- The Human Givens approach draws on the latest findings from Psychology and Neurobiology about how people really function and what we need to lead fulfilling lives.
- It takes into account research that has established which Psychotherapeutic techniques are the most effective for relieving a wide range of emotional distress and behavioural difficulties.
- Human Givens Treatment starts out with your practitioner finding out about you and the difficulties you are experiencing. More often than not, right from the first session they will also begin using relaxation methods, together with a wide range of other techniques.
- These exercises work to activate your own natural resources and are key to providing you with immediate relief from psychological stress.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Human Givens Diploma (HG.Dip.P.), with distinction, Human Givens Institute
- Post Graduate Certificate in Human Givens Psychotherapy, Nottingham Trent University
- BA (Hons) Biology, University of York
- Registered Member of the Human Givens Institute (MHGI)
- Member of the European Therapy Studies Institute (ETSI)
- Aside from my therapeutic learning and experience, I am grateful for the lessons I have learned working as a trainer, coach, manager and teacher for over 30 years, in settings ranging from the care and support branch of one of the UK’s largest housing associations to a major environmental charity and language schools in Rome and London.
- £70.00 per hour session.
- Tuesdays through Fridays from 9:00 - 6:00pm.
- I offer a free initial telephone session so I can answer any questions you might still have.
- I look forward to hearing from you.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Human Givens Therapy
- Online Talk Therapy
- Online Counselling, Psychotherapy, Hypnotherapy, etc.: £70/session
Write a Review of Human Givens Counselling & Psychotherapy
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.