About Mandy James
As a therapist, I will:
- Remind you that you aren’t broken.
- Give you room to access your own wisdom.
- Support you infiguring out what to do.
- Recognise that you are the expert in your own life.
- Remember that only you know what is best for you.
- Honor that I don’t know it all.
- Collaborate with you on how to make the hard stuff easier to sit with.
As a therapist, I won’t:
- Try to fix you.
- Give you advice.
- Tell you what to do.
- Pretend I know more about you than you do.
- Assume what is best for you.
- Have all the answers.
- Make the hard stuff go away.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- BA (Hons) in Counselling Studies.
- Certificate in Attachment Theory.
- Certificate in Person-Centred Counselling.
- EFT Level 1 Certificate.
- EFT Level 2 Practitioner Certificate.
- Drug and Alcohol
- Over 25 years experience in Child/Adolescent Behaviour.
- Extensive Child Protection Training.
- Counselling the Terminally ill and working with their carers.
- Member of the BACP.
- I have many years of experience in providing Psychotherapy Support and Life Coaching.
- I offer a wide range of caring, confidential and professional therapies, all of which are implemented with a non-judgemental approach.
- I believe that mental health issues can be debilitating and destructive.
- In many ways mental health issues are more serious than physical illness.
- My own experience in life has forged me into the person I am today and guided me into this career.
- I know what it is to face challenges and tough choices.
- If you come to me it will be in the knowledge that whatever is said, I will not judge.
- In addition, when you come to talk to me, you will be safe from fear, in a non judgemental relaxing haven that I will provide.
- If you are struggling to overcome painful problems or you simply want to develop your potential and live a fuller life, it can be helpful to have a caring, knowledgeable and skilful person to talk to.
- I will make sure you feel seen, heard and appreciated as a unique individual, in all of your richness and complexity.
- While I will help you understand the nature and origins of your problems as well as guiding you to discover and use all of your strengths and talents to make the changes to your life you may want or need.