About Laurie Macdonald
- I work with individuals, couples, groups, families and adolescents.
- I work in an integrated manner using brief, outcome-orientated approaches.
- YOUR TEXT HERE
My work with clients is based on the premise that we are all capable of change when we understand how to change, are happy to let go of the old ways of being and fully appreciate the benefits of the new way of being.
My role is to help you explore this and bring knowledge of the "how to change" but I do not decide what changes a client should make.
My aim for clients is that they leave a therapy session feeling listened to, respected, valued and understood. I hope that they think they have practical strategies for coping with issues when appropriate, greater insight into "what makes them tick" and a clearer sense of what they want to get out of therapy. We will negotiate what we want to achieve in our sessions and then monitor our progress towards this goal.
About My Supervision
- I trained as a group and individual supervisor using Humanistic and integrative approaches in 1999 with Cassacde.
- Prior to this training I had experience of being a clinical supervisor within the NHS.
- I was a Speech and Language therapist working in a multidisciplinary mental health rehabilitation team in the east end of London and supervised the work of students on clinical placement with the team.
- The supervising of clinical practice has some differences to Counselling and psychotherapy supervision but the similarities are greater.
- Both forms of supervision together means I have over 25yrs of supervisory experience.
- I supervise counsellors and psychotherapists who have completed their training and are starting to work with clients for the first time as well as experienced therapists.
- I offer individual supervision in East Sussex or on line and will run group supervision in the work place or organisations premises.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- 1983 British Horse Society Instructor
- 1988 BSc Hons. Clinical Communication Studies.
- 1989 Diploma in Eriksonian Hypnotherapy and psychotherapy.
- 1993 Master Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming.
- 1993 United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy Registrant.
- 1999 BACP Accredited Member.
- 1999 EMDR Certificate
- 2000 Diploma in Group and Individual Supervision.
- 2011 UKCP Registered Supervisor
- An Initial telephone consultation (up to 20 minutes) is free.
- Each session lasts for 50 minutes.
- I am a recognised provider of counselling and psychotherapy with the majority of medical insurers, eg Aviva, AXAPPP, BUPA, Cigna, WPF, Simply Health, Prudential, Benenden etc.
- READ MORE
- You may call or email me.
- You may also contact me on Skype
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Online Counselling
Write a Review of Positive Life Changes
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.