About Paula Howel
- I am an empathic and diligent counsellor, I have a deep respect for people who are experiencing difficulties with their mental health.
- I have had a similar experience; thus, can understand the feelings and thoughts that accompany fear.
- Be brave and reach out, take the first step by touching base with me today.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I am a fully qualified person centred therapist.
- I offer an eclectic approach to cater for the needs of the individual, this is demonstrated as I use CBT and CFT techniques to help provide the individual with strategies to help them move forward.
- I have a deep understanding of anxiety and depression and have worked with clients with various issues.
- Bsc (Hons) in Behavioural Sciences.
- Person-centred Counselling degree.
- PG Cert in Clinical Supervision.
- Diploma in personal style and colour analysis.
- Heal your inner child diploma
- Studied Life Coaching to Diploma level.
- Trained at Post Graduate level in Education.
- Trained in mental health first aid.
- Counselling with me will involve exploring your patterns and the themes of distress that keep cropping up for you.
- My Counselling approach is person-centered whereby I use these skills to suit you and your current circumstances to build a strong, trusting and the therapeutic relationship.
- I also utilize CBT techniques and tools, if you want a more structured approach to learning skills, for the present and your future.
- I practice coaching alongside my counselling, which offers you a structured, goal-setting orientation to the coaching in order to provide you with skills to manage your life, whether you’re experiencing anxiety, low mood or uncertainty.
- We can explore historical messages that you’ve internalized. Create behaviour changes to aid raising mood. If you are hopeful, that is a good start.
- I am also trained in CFT or Compassion Focused Therapy which is a counselling therapy that allows you to look at your life experiences in a realistic way and from a non-blaming stance.
- I run a private practice from my home and the environment is calm, quiet and safe.
- I believe that a healthy wellbeing is paramount in living a balanced lifestyle.
- My aim in helping others has assisted my own development in a progressive lifestyle to demonstrate that following hardship and trauma a quality life can be achieved!
- Fee: £40-£50 per session.
- Low-income clients £40 per session.
- I take cash, card, or BACS payments in advance of the session.
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Aspergers Syndrome
- Avoidant Personality
- Bipolar Disorder
- Career Counselling
- Family Problems
- Impulsive Behaviour
- Learning Difficulties
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Mental Health Problems
- Negative Thoughts
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Performance Management
- Personal Growth
- Personal Relationships
- Personality Disorders (PD)
- Relationship Problems
- Repetitive Negative Patterns
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Social Phobia
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Person Centred Counselling utilising CBT tools
- Online Talk Therapy
Write a Review of Counselling Therapist
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.