About Maria Rocha
- Each person is unique and requires an approach that is tailored to their specific needs and goals. Therefore a multi-modal approach is the most effective way to create change.
- I have extensive counselling experience working within a wide range of techniques from different approaches, from Humanistic Therapies, Psychodynamic, CBT, Gestalt, Transpersonal, to Clinical Regressive Hypnotherapy, Person Centered Therapy, and a few other Holistic Therapies and that gives me a wide choice of tools to use, depending on client’s presenting issues and needs.
- My style is Integrative, Transpersonal and Holistic - inclusive of body, mind feelings and soul.
- Together, we will explore and work through your difficulties such as anxiety, stress, grief, depression, relationships, addictions, fears, traumas, phobias, low confidence and self-esteem, etc., on a physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual level.
- I tend to work at a deeper level, by exploring the root cause of your problems, heal what needs healing, equip you with inner resources and resilience for long last results in the future.
- After our first e-mail contact, we will meet for an initial interview and we will discuss and decide the terms upon which we will work together.
What to expect:
- I am accepting, empathic, genuine, honest and good at enabling clients to feel at ease so that they can talk openly.
- The first session is a space were we can discuss what brings you to therapy, how it is affecting your life, how I can help and whether I am the right therapist for you.
- I will answer any questions you may have about the process and my approach to therapy.
- My goal is to assist you in acquiring new tools and skills in order to deal with life’s challenges, learn to balance intense emotions, trusting in oneself and others, strengthening your internal resources, enhancing your capacity for relating to others and improving your self-trust and inner-confidence.
- I will support you to explore your thoughts, feelings, beliefs, experiences, and life purpose, so that you can be more of who you want to be and lead the kind of life you want to live.
- I offer Counselling in English and Portuguese.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling
- Diploma of Clinical, Transpersonal and Regressive Hypnosis
- EXPERT Diploma in Clinical Transpersonal and Regressive Hypnosis
- Diploma in Couple Therapy through Hypnosis
- Supervision Course
- Ways into working with Couples Certificate.
- Introduction to CBT Certificate.
- Working with Domestic Violence Certificate
- CBT Course Certificate
- Working with Mental Illness Certificate
- Family Constellations Certificate
- Certificate in Personal Coaching
- Working with Self-Harm Certificate
- Raising your Self-Esteem Certificate
- The Awareness in Bereavement Care Foundation Course Certificate
- Working with Psychological Disorders & Their Assessment
- Introduction to Psychodynamic Counselling
- Introduction to Systemic Family Constellations
- Facilitating Therapeutic Groups Certificate
- Introduction to Mindfulness Training Certificate
- A Child’s Grief Training Certificate
- Diagnostic Process in Psychosynthesis Certificate
- Alchemy & Transformation Certificate
- Hidden Dynamics in the Counselling Relationship Certificate
- Imagination Intentionality & Psycho-energy Certificate
- Individual & Society Certificate
- Will and Change Certificate
- Meditation Certificate
- Working with Shame
- Working with Addictions
- Facilitating Bereavement Support Groups
- Working with Sub-Personalities In and Through the Body
- Experiencing Your Past Lives
- Cultivation of Will
- Guided Imagery I and II
- The Psychodynamic Context of Psychosexual Therapy
- Infidelity & The Couple Relationship
- The Stuck Couple: Managing Disappointment and Blame
- Working with Sexual Violence and Post Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Supervisors monitor the work in progress between the psychotherapist and the patient to ensure that patients have professional support accredited to ethical standards in this area.
- Through the support of supervision, the psychotherapist guarantees continuous learning for their personal and professional development. Psychotherapists will become more aware of themselves, their work, their patients and the dynamics of the relationships involved.
- The supervisor helps the psychotherapist to reflect on his/her work, explore other possible ways of working, discover new ideas and strategies, analyse some of the interventions with the patient and their consequences, receive feedback and some more guidance if necessary.