About Paula Hegarty
- I can help with a number of issues you may have.
- The key to my service is to offer the individual a space to talk to someone not involved in difficulties and to help to develop a different perspective.
- I aim to help individuals become more self aware and develop healthier coping skills which are directed towards growth and better mental health.
- Sometimes we become entrenched in thoughts and behaviours which keep us stuck in negative patterns which are difficult to break on our own.
- Therapy can start a change process which allows us to break out of these patterns and start living in a more positive manner.
- I work holistically so I look beyond the problem presented to the "whole" person as the symptom can indicate deeper issues which need healing.
- I am down to earth and grounded in approach so I do not "baffle" with science.
- Rather, I develop a strong therapeutic relationship as an important part of the change process and integrate whatever therapies are most appropriate for the individual and their issues.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- BA degree (hons)
- MSc in counselling
- PG diploma in CBT
- 16 years experience in a primary care setting working with adults with mental health difficulties.
- Work experience with young people aged 12 + in a young people’s centre and college setting and have also offered community counselling.
- I am accredited with BACP, BABCP and EMDR Europe.
- I have attended courses in Compassion Focused and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and use these approaches in my work.
- I have been supervising counsellors since 2008 and high intensity CBT therapists since 2009.
- I completed a supervision course in bereavement with Cruse in 2006 and a HI CBT supervision course at Teesside University 2010 and I supervise trainees on local HI CBT courses.
- Certificate in CBT supervision.
- I am supportive and reassuring to facilitate supervisees reflection on practice.
- I abide by the ethical framework of BABCP and BACP.
- I am focused on growth and improvement of practice and will suggest reading material/workshops as regular CPD is important for development.
- I adapt my supervision to the stage the supervisee is at in their professional development.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Avoidant Personality
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Concentration Problems
- Eating Disorders
- Family Problems
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
- Mental Health Problems
- Midlife Crisis
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Pain Management
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Personal Growth
- Personal Relationships
- Personality Disorders (PD)
- Physical Illness
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Repetitive Negative Patterns
- Self Determination
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Sleep Disorders
- Social Phobia
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Life Coaching
- Online/Virtual Talk Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £45/session
- Counselling: £45/session
- EMDR: £45/session
Write a Review of
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.