About Sargasso Family & Relationship Counselling
- Counselling offers you a safe and warm environment to explore any afflictions, providing you with an impartial and empathic listener who can help you to gain a little perspective and find those coping strategies which work for you.
- Counselling isn’t about judgement or advice giving; it’s about empowering you the client to explore the things causing you emotional unrest and seek ways to move through them in your own time.
Counselling has proven to be a successful therapeutic method working with, but not limited to:
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- Work related stress
- Family problems
- Relationship difficulties
About Jason Hanson
- Jason is a professionally accredited relationship counsellor who has been running his private practice for 7 years now, working with over 200 clients with depression, anxiety, grief, eating disorders, relationship problems and work related stress.
- Jason is an integrative therapist whose experience includes freelancing for the local college, private clients and also working for several EAP providers.
- He has a Masters degree in Psychoanalytic Studies, a Diploma in relationship counselling and a Diploma in youth counselling.
- Jason has previously written and delivered mental health training on a national level and currently writes for the local paper as a guest columnist on mental health matters. - In 2015 he co-wrote a book on crises in relationships and is currently penning his second book which is centered round domestic abuse.
- In 2018 Jason was interviewed and subsequently published in a national magazine in relation to an article he had written on eating disorders.
- Jason has a vast amount of experience working with both individuals and couples.
About Ric Hoskins
- Ric is a senior accredited relationship counsellor and family therapist who has over 10 years experience which has included military welfare, private practice and working for Relate.
- Ric is also a qualified and practicing clinical supervisor and is currently a member of The Association of Family Therapy and Systemic Practice and a registered member of The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- In addition to this, he is also a Fellow for the Royal Society for Public Health.
- Ric has completed a multitude of qualifications and training programs including victim support, online and telephone counselling and Psychosexual therapy.
- In 2017 Ric achieved his Masters degree in Relationship Counselling, which he did in conjunction with his job as a Project Manager for the MOD as well as his voluntary work with victim support.
- Ric is currently a director and trustee at ATSAC and is highly experienced working with individuals, couples and families.
My training, work experience and any achievement
MA - Relationship Therapy
Diploma - Working with sexual addictions
Diploma - Leadership and management
Diploma - Relationship counselling
BPS advanced certificate - Clinical supervision
MA Psychoanalytic Studies
B.Sc (hons) Applied social studies
Diploma - Relationship counselling
Diploma - Youth and adolescent counselling
In 2015 Jason had his first book published which he co-wrote. He is currently penning a sequel to this as well as writing his own book on male domestic abuse, due for publication in the summer of 2021. Ric is a contributor to this book.
- All sessions last for 50 minutes and are chargeable at the below rates. Rates for those low income households or unemployed are negotiable.
- Individuals: £50
- Couples: £60
- Family: £70
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
- Life Coaching
- Online Talk Therapy
Write a Review of
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.