About Surviving to Thriving & Quiet Minds Counselling and Psychotherapy
About Graham McDonald
Surviving to Thriving Counselling Therapist
- I am an integrative counsellor which means that I have been trained in a number of theoretical approaches.
- I can therefore work with clients combining different approaches such as Person-Centred Theory, Psychodynamic, or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), or sometimes with a single theory approach, dependant on the client’s needs.
Person Centred Theory - A gentle and supportive way of working, providing clients with a space where they can talk freely and openly about what is going on for them in an understanding and non-judgemental environment. Clients are then more able to discover and accept aspects of themselves, and this can help them to develop answers which will assist with moving past their issues or to cope with them more easily.
Psychodynamic Theory - I also work psychodynamically, where we will look at what’s going on in the here and now, with the understanding that the way we cope and deal with things in the present are usually linked with the same unconscious coping mechanisms from our early past. At one time this may have worked, but in the present day, may not work as well. Psychodynamic theory works by finding the unconscious patterns of behaviour and relating from the past that may be linked to present day issues. My work would be to help the client bring these deep rooted ways to the surface, in order for the client to be able to change them if they wanted to, to ways that are more suited to them today.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy or CBT - is a therapy that is often used to treat symptoms such as depression, anxiety and OCD. When an event happens that causes the client to hold an irrational or negative belief, it creates a consequence which causes the belief to continue. In CBT the therapist will work with the client to change the belief of the activating event, which will change the course of the consequence into a more positive and realistic outcome.
- I would be very happy to have a chat on the phone about your needs and how counselling can help.
- Please feel free to email or call me at 07588606606.
- READ MORE
About Sophia Papantoniou-McDonald
Quiet Minds Counselling & Psychotherapy
- I provide counselling for a range of everyday life issues such as relationship difficulties, bullying, lack of self-confidence, financial worries, depression, stress and anxiety, either as an individual or as a couple.
- I also offer couples counselling, this can apply to any relationship like husband-wife, parent-child, siblings, etc.
- I can help you to find out what changes you want to make in your life and how to do that, by looking at past and present issues together.
- We can also look at your values and beliefs and where they came from in relation to your upbringing, and whether they still work for you.
- I can offer you a calm, confidential and non-judgmental space in which to talk over whatever it is that’s troubling you.
- I’ve always been interested in why I think the way I do and why other people think the way they do, so embarking on a counselling course seemed the logical step to try and find the answers to some of those questions.
- I feel that if I know why I think the things I do, I can understand why I feel and behave the way I do. Five years of study has helped me to understand myself a lot more, and also understand how I can help other people.
- It seems the simplest and most effective way to do this is for me to listen while you talk.
- I would be very happy to have a chat on the phone about your needs and how counselling and psychotherapy can help.
- Please feel free to email or call me at 07588133728.
My training, work experience and any achievement
Graham McDonald - Dip.Couns, MBACP
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 4 Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling
- CPD courses: Anger Management, Racial and Cultural Difference, Working With Young People, Feelings, Depression, Working with Loss and Grief, Working Creatively, Understanding Trauma, Sexual Abuse and Understanding Sexual Preoccupation
- I have been working in private practice at Windsor and Maidenhead Counselling Services, counselling adults and young people.
- I also work as a school counsellor in Windsor, Berkshire, where I am the lead counsellor working with pupils aged 11-16 years old, and 6th form pupils 16-18 years old.
Sophia Papantoniou-McDonald - Dip Couns, Dip Psych, MBACP
- 2020 Certificate in Couples Counselling (Meridian)
- 2018 Certificate in Couples Counselling (Langley)
- 2018 Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- 2017 Diploma in Integrative Humanistic Counselling
- 2015 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- 2014 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- I worked in voluntary placements for: Rape Crisis, dealing with sexual violence and trauma.
- No 22 Youth & Community Counselling Service, dealing with a range of issues from age 11 - adult.
Graham McDonald Fees:
- Prices are based on a 50 minute therapy session.
- Mon to Fri daytime: 9:00am - 6:00pm £45
- Mon to Fri evening: 6:00pm - 9:30pm £50
- Saturday morning: 9:00am - midday £50
- Payments can be made via cash or electronic bank transfer.
- Sessions cancelled with less than 48 hours notice will be charged.
- READ MORE
Sophia Papantoniou-McDonald Fees:
- For a single person, my fee is £45 for a session and each session is 50 minutes.
- For a couple, my fee is £60 for a session and each session is 60 minutes.
- Payments can be made by cash or electronic transfer.
- Sessions cancelled with less than 72 hours’ notice will be charged.
- READ MORE
Other concerns & issues I deal with
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Life Coaching
- Online Counselling
Write a Review of Graham & Sophia McDonald
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.