About Jonathan Livingstone Therapy & Coaching
- Jonathan Livingstone MA PGCE has been helping people overcome problems and achieve goals since 1998, after he left teaching, trained as a hypnotherapist and opened his therapy & coaching practice in Brondesbury Villas, London.
- His interest in psychology began when at age 11 he started hypnotizing his school friends and, later, himself. In his twenties he trained in counselling and volunteered for Parentline. But he soon became disillusioned with the effectiveness of counselling and traditional psychotherapy and at the age of 30 turned to teaching.
- He left teaching in 1998 and trained in hypnotherapy (attaining diploma in therapeutic hypnosis & psychotherapy, London). This led him to EMDR, NLP (Master Practitioner 2001 from NLPU, Santa Cruz, CA, with Robert Dilts and Judith DeLozier), kinesiology and energy therapy, including TAT (Touch for Health trainer 2001, Touch for Health Metaphors trainer 2007, Three-in-One Concepts practitioner 2001, EFT trainer 2002).
- In 2002–4 he served as an elected director of the Kinesiology Federation.
- Jonathan gives trainings in EMTR (a streamlined version of EMDR) and NLP, and workshops in personal development and emotional intelligence.
- Through clinical practice, study and reflection, he developed a way of working called Relearning Experience, which identifies the origins of a therapeutic problem in the history of a person and heals the problem at its origins, providing permanent resolution.
- Jonathan works with people from any walk of life, religion, culture, race, sexuality or gender. His clients have included top athletes, CEOs, ambassador, titled person, doctors, college principals, journalists, actors and entrepreneurs. He has worked with people in recovery at a rehab in South Africa; troubled adolescents from Cape townships; and traumatized villagers in the coastal region of Tamil Nadu after the Asian tsunami at end 2004.
- He has a special interest in issues of diversity and has served on and chaired committees promoting diversity in a college and school.
- An accredited civil and commercial mediator through London School of Mediation, Jonathan is registered with enhanced DBS update service, is fully insured and a member of the professional organization, Federation of Holistic Therapists.
- Jonathan is author of The Therapist Within You (Lemniscate, 2009), a self-help book about kinesiology; and Relearning Experience (in preparation), an account of the theory and practice of REP, a method to identify and heal the origins of psychological problems.
- He is the father of four children – two grown-up sons and two young daughters. He has lived abroad and travelled quite extensively.
REP EMDR Kinesiology NLP Hypnotherapy
- Jonathan Livingstone combines a number of methods in his work, including kinesiology (involving muscle testing, a way to communicate with the unconscious body without hypnosis), EMDR, NLP and hypnosis. He also uses a method he developed called Relearning Experience Process (REP).
Relearning Experience Process
- A person presents for therapy because there is something she (or he) wants to achieve but seems unable to achieve. She is behaving in way that she doesn’t want to (or failing to behave in the way she’d like to), and may or may not be aware of uncomfortable feelings. Her behaviour is inconsistent with her practical goal.
- The obstacle to the person achieving her practical goal is something in herself. But it’s not a lack of skill or knowledge. If that were the case, the person would not need therapy but, rather, further training. The problem is internal to the person and is therefore emotional or psychological.
- The therapeutic goal, which is the quality or capacity that will enable the person to overcome her internal obstacle and achieve her practical goal. Achieving the therapeutic goal is the aim and outcome of therapy.
- Underlying the therapeutic problem are feelings which drive the person to behave in a way inconsistent with the achievement of her practical goal. These feelings are the mechanism that will lead the person back to the origins of the problem.
- At the origins of the problem the person is guided to an imaginary resolution of the problem in the past. This resolution, or relearning, work gives the person a new way of responding to the difficult circumstances in the past.
- Back in the present, the person is no longer able to get back the uncomfortable feelings that have driven the problematic behaviour, and a new way of behaving is possible. The person is able to behave in a way consistent with achieving her goal. Permanently resolution of the problem has been achieved.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Author of The Therapist Within You (Lemniscate Books, 2009)
- Creator of REP
- NLP master practitioner
- Touch for Health trainer & consultant
- EFT trainer
- EMTR trainer
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy
- Three In One Concepts kinesiology practitioner
- Accredited civil and commercial mediator
- Jonathan Livingstone, who is a Touch for Health trainer and was an elected director of the Kinesiology Federation (2002–4), is author of the highly regarded self-help kinesiology book, The Therapist Within You (Lemniscate, 2009), with a foreword by Matthew Thie, which is also available for Kindle.
- His second book, Relearning Experience: understanding and overcoming emotional and pyschological problems with REP, describes his unique theory of the genesis and manifestation of therapeutic problems, and his method to identify and heal the historical origins of the problem. See Methods.
- Articles by Jonathan Livingstone have been published in national magazines, such as Natural Health magazine in the UK and the Journal of Natural Medicine in South Africa, and in local and national newspapers, including the daily New Age national newspaper in South Africa. A number of his articles are also available at Ezine articles.
Resolving problems & achieving goals
- If the problem is something in you, it has a cause and is resolvable. Jonathan will find that cause and resolve it with you.
- The rigorous therapy & coaching approach is informed by NLP, EMDR, kinesiology and hypnotherapy, emotional intelligence, extensive training, research and 20 years experience. For more information, see Methods.
- If your problems are caused by a one-off event, whether or not you have conscious recollection of it, the event is likely to be addressed with the highly effective trauma therapy EMDR, supplemented by techniques from energy kinesiology.
- Jonathan helps people improve performance in work, sport, study and personal relationships. He’ll help you to find out exactly what is going wrong and why; and then help you to put it right. In sport he’ll help you to discover the exact area that requires help (precisely identified with muscle testing), and help you to address it; or, if you’ve suffered a loss of confidence, he’ll help you to rebuild your confidence. He has helped top athletes, and enthusiastic ones, in a variety of sports.
Examples of issues successfully treated
- emotional trauma, PTSD
- childhood physical and sexual abuse and bullying
- eating disorders, including anorexia and bulimia
- social anxiety and other anxiety disorders
- weight and body image
- assertiveness and confidence
- hay fever and other allergies and sensitivities
- dyslexia and other learning difficulties
- unfounded fears
- accidents, assaults
- pregnancy, childbirth and parenting
- relationship difficulties
- sexual dysfunction
- loss of confidence
- and many other issues
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Relationships (couples or individuals)
Interpersonal relationships; assertiveness and self-esteem; traumas (including physical or sexual assault) and childhood physical and sexual abuse.
Emotional & physical health
Stress & physical illness; weight and eating issues; traumas; anxiety, fears &
- phobias; IBS; insomnia; addiction; allergies & sensitivities, incl. hayfever.
Fertility, pregnancy, childbirth, parenting & baby
Emotional blocks to conceiving; fears of childbirth and parenthood; hypnobirthing guidance; parenting issues; baby trauma.
Professional & skills development
Resolve conflicts; confidence; realize full potential; public speaking and performing; improve skills & expertise.
To resolve the sources of the habit, freeing you from the addiction and any desire to smoke.
Areas of performance stress and their historical sources identified; source issues processed and resolved. Any previous disasters processed completely. Programme for peak performance installed. All levels: enthusiast to world class.
- EFT (MTT) Tapping
- Weight Loss
- Stress Management
- Allergy Intolerance Therapy
- Life Coaching
Special Online Booking Offers
20 minute free, no-obligation consultation. Ask for details.
Write a Review of Jonathan Livingstone
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.