About Hypnotherapy at home - Heather Bartlett
I used to work full time in a therapy centre. Since I’m now a full time parent, I can only do home visits part time.
Firstly, you can be guaranteed a warm welcome and time to explain your difficulties in a quiet, confidential setting.
- Your first session will be approximately 90 minutes and gives us the opportunity to establish a trusting relationship and for me to take a full history of your difficulties and to negotiate your goals. I will also ease you into a light trance so that you can experience the deep relaxation of hypnosis. You will be taught how to replicate this yourself in times of stress or for relaxation.
- Therapy sessions last about 50-60 minutes and you will usually be in trance for 40 minutes of this time. I always make sure you are wide awake before leaving the session and you will be fit to travel and drive.
- The number of sessions needed will depend on the problem or problems. Some problems such as habit breaking can be righted in one or two sessions.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I am a Registered Nurse (Mental Health) with 30 years of experience of treating people with mental illness and psychological distress.
- I am trained to post-graduate level in clinical hypno-psychotherapy and have had remarkable success with the relief of distressing symptoms and improving the confidence and outlook of patients who have seen me. I am confident in treating adults, teens and children (6+).
- I have also had 30 years of counselling adults with a wide range of distressing problems
- I am trained to colour match skin camouflage products to disguise scars, burns, pigmentation irregularities, tattoos etc and specialise in working with self injury.
SKIN CAMOUFLAGE SERVICES
Conceal skin irregularities with semi permanent products
Use under regular cosmetics
Apply sun cream on top
WHAT IS SKIN CAMOUFLAGE?
- The main objective of skin camouflage is to alleviate the psychological, physical and social effects that an altered image can have on someone’s life by the simple application of specialised skin camouflage products.
Who benefits from skin camouflage application?
- Skin with SCARS, BURNS, IRREGULAR PIGMENTATION AND UNWANTED TATTOOS can all be camouflaged with specialist products.
- Skin conditions can be devastating and psychologically damaging to men, women and children, irrespective of age, nationality and religion. How ever, I would not usually recommend skin camouflage for babies and young children unless at the request of their healthcare advisor.
- Psychosocial inhibition is irrespective of whether the problem is immediately visible or hidden by clothing and hairstyle.
- Unfortunately many people suffer in silence, often not consulting their healthcare professional because they believe their distress will be dismissed as a “cosmetic” problem.
- However, studies show that anxiety levels are higher in those with a skin condition. Research confirms that up to a third of people report that they have suffered from psychological distress including;
-- Rejection and isolation
-- Unwarranted stares and comments
-- Intrusive and inappropriate questioning
-- Name-calling and verbal abuse
-- Although skin camouflage products cannot alter the structure of the skin, the immediate visual effect may help the person to regain self-esteem, which can do much to improve general health and assist in a return to normal social-sporting activities and employment.
- You should seek medical diagnosis before considering skin camouflage and must seek further advice should there be any changes to the condition, or a mole or if any patch of skin appears different. We advise you to discontinue skin camouflage until permission is given by your healthcare professional to continue usage. Medical opinion is not required to camouflage decorative tattoos.
One home visit is normally sufficient.
- During the consultation I will take you through the skin matching process to identify the most suitable product.
Once this has been agreed you will be taught how to;
- apply the camouflage
- manage it during wear
- remove to cleanse skin
- where to obtain your camouflage products
- INITIAL CONSULTATION 60 MINS £40.00
- FOLLOW UP 20 MINS £20.00
Conditions contra-indicated (not suitable) for skin camouflage
Conditions that need medical treatment and must not be concealed with camouflage products include:
- allergic reactions
- bacterial and fungal infections, such as impetigo and tinea (ringworm)
- blister and ulcerated skin
- illnesses that visually manifest on skin, such as chickenpox and measles
- infestations, such as scabies and lice
- occupational/contact dermatitis
- open wound
- over sutures (stitches)
- photodermatoses, such as actinic dermatitis
- psoriasis to nails, persistent palmoplantar and pustular forms of psoriasis
- skin cancers
- strawberry birthmarks
- undiagnosed lesions
- undiagnosed rashes
- varicose veins
- viral infections, such as herpes simplex, herpes zoster (shingles) and warts
- Skin camouflage for babies and young children should only be applied if requested by their healthcare adviser.
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
- Skin Camouflage
- Counselling: £60.00/session
- Hypnotherapy: £60.00/session
Special Online Booking Offers
Clinical Hypnotherapy and Counselling
- Initial Consultation: Free
- Therapy sessions: £60 for 50 minutes.
- Discount for multiple sessions available on request
- Initial consultation: £40.00
- Follow ups: £20.00
Write a Review of Heather Bartlett
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.