About Carol Barwick Hypnotherapy
- People are individual, which is how I approach every treatment.
- Each client receives therapy tailored to their specific needs.
- Using an eclectic range of skills, and working in partnership, we address your requirements together, and in confidence.
- My therapy work began as a result of training with the internationally renowned expert in this field, Paul McKenna in London.
- My busy private clinic in Jesmond (for corporate and individual clients) continues to grow by reputation, based on results.
- A personal interest in health, nutrition and fitness spans 30 years.
- The mind and body are closely linked, so this knowledge is threaded into my approach.
- I passionately believe that good mental and physical health are the foundations which allow us to achieve our goals, maintain a balance, and be emotionally and physically fit enough to enjoy the rewards of our efforts.
What is Hypnotherapy?
Life today is fast, and subject to massive change which can create stress, and this can impact on both our health and emotional wellbeing. The baggage we wake up with today does not have to be the same baggage we carry tomorrow, and this is where Hypnotherapy can help.
Everything we experience from birth is logged in our subconscious mind, although we are usually unaware of this information. Psychological therapy can take many forms, however hypnotherapy is unique, because it deals directly with the subconscious mind by bypassing the conscious mind.
Mind over matter.
The human body is a self-healing unit with the mind and body closely linked. Physical behaviour stems from the sub-conscious, for example how we feel about ourselves. Hypnotherapy is a great way of releasing negative thoughts and emotions that can build up and make us feel unhappy, or prevent us from living a fulfilled and normal life. An additional bonus is that the body releases endorphins which are the ‘feel good factors’ that serve to heal and repair the body.
What is hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a state of mind, achieved through physical and mental relaxation, allowing communication with the sub-conscious mind. Self-hypnosis, which can be self-taught or learned with a hypnotherapist or hypnotist, is an excellent tool for reducing stress and creating a state of calm. My clients often comment that the experience is surprisingly enjoyable.
Exploding the myths
Hypnotherapy conducted by a fully qualified and experienced therapist is fast, effective and safe. Clients are sometimes concerned they may ‘lose control, lose their mind or divulge family secrets’ during hypnosis. Scientific research has proved that regardless of how deeply you may go into trance (a state of deep relaxation) you will always be in full control. Hypnosis cannot make you do anything against your ethics, beliefs or values.
Who can benefit from Hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy is suitable for anybody who wants and is ready to change. This therapy is able to tap into and stimulate the body’s healing resources to bring about positive transformations. We all have the ability to alter negative thoughts, to make changes, to alter our self-beliefs.
"Very often a change of self is needed more than a change of scene" - Arthur Christopher Benson
Now is the time for you to make a change to your life - don’t procrastinate.
My training, work experience and any achievement
I have a commitment to continuous professional development and undergo regular supervision to maintain a current approach and keep abreast of the latest developments.
- Innovation & Excellence Awards - Hypnotherapist of the Year 2020
- GHP Social Care Awards Hypnotherapist of the Year North East England 2019
- GHP Alternative Medicine & Holistic Health Awards
- UK Hypnotherapist of the Year & Award for Excellence in Coaching 2018 Global Media
- Award for Hypnotherapy & Excellence in Corporate Coaching 2018
- CV Magazine SME Top 50 - Coach of the Year - Hypnotherapy 2018
- SME North East Enterprise Awards - Award for Excellence in - Coaching/Hypnotherapist of the Year - Tyne & Wear 2017
- Barclays North East Woman Entrepreneur of the Year - Susan Dobson Award 2000
- Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (MAPHP ACC)
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Everyday Bliss: Managing Stress (Paul McKenna/Mind Valley 2020)
- Master Your Brain: Neuro Science for Personal Development (Udemy Ireland 2019)
- Coaching the Unconscious Mind (Sue Smith Associates Training 2019)
- Unlock Your Potential with NLP (Ali Campbell 2018)
- Working with OCD (Terence Watts, The Essex Institute 2018)
- Brief Interventions (Terence Watts, The Essex Institute 2018)
- Conscious Analytical methods (Sue Smith Associates 2016)
- Parts Therapy (Sue Smith Associates 2016)
- Creative Visualisation & Time Line Re-Alignment (Sue Smith Associates 2016)
- Power Hypnosis Training: The British Academy of Hypnosis Rapid Hypnosis Workshop (Academy of Hypnotic Arts 2015)
- Gastro-Band Hypnotherapy (Sue Smith Associates 2015)
- Corporate Stress Management (Sue Smith Associates 2014)
- Advanced Regression Techniques (Pauline Alnwick Hypnotherapy & Training 2014)
- Symbio Dynamics (EICH Ltd 2013)
- Metaphors in My Attic (Andrew T Austin 2013)
- Advanced IEMT Practitioner (Andrew T Austin 2012)
- Thought Field Therapy-Algorithms (Callaghan Techniques Ltd 2011)
- The Essential Practical Skills of Indirect Eriksonian Conversational Hypnosis & NLP (Steven Brooks 2011)
- Humour Works: Thought Provoking Dialogue (Phil Jeremiah IV 2010)
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis (The Croft Academy 2009)
- Practitioner of Integral Eye Movement Technique (Andrew T Austin 2009)
- NLP Skills for Coaches (Cadenza Associates 2009)
- Licensed Master Practitioner of NLP (Paul McKenna Training Ltd 2008)
- Licensed NLP Practitioner (Paul McKenna Training Ltd 2007)
- Hypnotic Practitioner (Paul McKenna Training Ltd 2007)
- Three Best Rated - Voted Top 3 Hypnotherapist in Newcastle 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
My specialisms revolve around treating self-esteem/confidence, stress, anxiety, fears, and lack of motivation, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and goal setting. In short I get to the ‘root’ of what is holding you back from maximising your life.
The areas I have mostly worked in include Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Eating Disorders, Confidence Issues, Weight Management, Goal Setting, Low Self Esteem, Menopause, Fears, Phobias, Personal Development, Blushing, Sexual Problems, Alcohol Abuse, Anger Management, Exam Nerves, and Stop Smoking
If your condition of not stated above please call to discuss.
OVER TO YOU!
- You have taken the first step by accessing this site.
- Now is the time to make a change.
- Get in contact with me so I can help.
Contact me on Skype