About Empowering Skills
I am a cognitive hypnotherapist and motivational coach.
My aim is to empower you to develop the skills you feel you need to live the life you want.
HYPNOTHERAPY - trance is a natural state we are in when deeply relaxed or on "auto pilot". The deeply relaxed client is receptive to new ideas on how to deal with past difficulties and make changes that will ensure a different future. You remain in control at all times.
COACHING - provides an opportunity to receive expert help with challenges you are facing in order to see things more clearly and set up goals & plans that will create significant changes.
Hypnotherapy and Coaching, separately or together, can be helpful with any difficulty.
Due to my own 2 bouts of cancer over the last 10 years, the second of which resulted in surgery that has left me in constant pain, I have a personal interest and experience in assisting others to deal with both physical and emotional pain. I offer clients self-hypnosis teaching.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Diploma Cognitive Hypnotherapy
- Specialist Advisor on Pain Management (physical & mental) for the National Council for Hypnotherapy
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma
- NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) Practitioner
- Diploma in Personal Performance Coaching (Merit)
- Diploma in Corporate & Executive Coaching (Distinction)
- PhD, PGCE
- Massage, Swedish (Holistic) & Indian Head, International Therapy Examination Council; Facial Rejuvention (natural face-lift) London Centre of Indian Champissage International
Everyone is different so it is difficult to say how many sessions you will need until we meet. An issue such as smoking (if you REALLY want to give up!) will normally take 1 or 2 sessions, while deeper rooted anxiety based on past events can take longer. However, neither Hypnotherapy or Coaching are intended to be a long-term practice. They are to give you the skills and techniques that address your particular needs that are yours to use forever.
I have a private practice in Herne Hill, South London. I also work at the Neal’s Yard Therapy rooms, Covent Garden Sunday clinic on a monthly basis. Since the purpose of the clinic is to enable people to try out new therapies the fee there is £35 an hour session.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
I specialise in:
- Building up your confidence so that you can maximise your potential.
- Weight loss - permanently, forgot diets! Debilitating Anexoria and Bulimia.
- Dealing with physical and emotional pain so that you can greatly improve the quality of your life.
- Alleviating anxiety, fear and anger so that your stress levels fall dramatically.
- Findings solutions to
- phobias that can hinder your life.
- Giving up smoking that costs a fortune and can destroy your health.
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Weight Loss
- Anger Management
- Eating Disorders
- Exam Nerves
- Fear of Flying
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self-Esteem
- Pain Management
- Panic Attacks
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Issues
- Stop Smoking
- Sports Performance
- Weight Loss
- Nail Biting
- Indian Head Massage
- Swedish Relaxation Massage
- Relaxation Therapy
- Stress Management
- Life Coaching
- Indian Head Massage: £45/session
- Swedish Relaxation Massage: £50/session
- Hypnotherapy: £70/session
- NLP: £70/session
- Relaxation Therapy: £50/session
- Stress Management: £50/session
- Life Coaching: £70/session
Special Online Booking Offers
- I offer a 15 minutes free phone consultation.
- You will receive my relaxation CD (20 mins) at your first session and at the second session a personal CD that addresses your particular issues in hypnotic language to play between sessions, put on your phone or MP3 player.
- I am prepared to negotiate over price since I would not want a genuine need not to be helped due to limited finances.
- I offer a "Hero Clinic" special price.
Write a Review of Dr. Helen Zarod
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.