About Carol Graham @ The North Hampshire Clinic
Hello, I’m Carol Graham, I’m a Psychotherapist, Sex & Relationship Therapist & EMDR practitioner.
- You can find me in my clinic at North Hampshire Clinic, 27 London Street, Basingstoke. The clinic is a haven of relaxation.
- I can guarantee you a completely non-judgemental environment, a safe place to speak freely, where you will feel listened to and will very quickly feel comfortable. I follow a strict code of ethics and confidentiality is assured*.
- Psychotherapy is simply therapy for the mind. Every single thing we do starts with a thought, therefore, psychotherapy can help with most things such as: anxiety, stress, confidence and self-esteem issues, weight and body image issues, fears and phobias, addictions, depression, habits etc. The list really is endless. I also specialise in sex and relationship issues; (See Psychosexual Therapy and Couples Therapy pages).
- Each and every client is unique and deserves a unique programme of therapy. After a thorough assessment, I create a tailor made programme of therapy, designed specifically for your individual needs.
- Over the past ten years I have trained in many different models and disciplines and have adopted an eclectic approach to the therapy that I offer as I believe that one therapy cannot suit everybody. Therefore, I have many "tools" techniques and strategies in my "tool box". The programmes that I create could contain a combination of any of the following therapies;
- Counselling, Psychosexual Therapy, Hypnotherapy, Couples Therapy, Gestalt Therapy, Hypnoanalysis, Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Parts Therapy, Archetypal Personality Related Parts Therapy, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Emo-trance, Energy Medicine, and Life Coaching.
- I am a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP), an accredited member of the College of Sex and Relationship Therapists (COSRT) and a senior accredited member of the National Council of Psychotherapists (NCP). I follow a strict code of conduct, performance and ethics.
Many people find talking about their sex lives quite difficult, especially when it’s not working well for them. Individuals, who may have been living with sexual problems for some time, may find it too difficult, and feel embarrassed or ashamed to discuss it with anyone, including their partners.
- I offer a comfortable, non-judgemental environment, where you can talk about any issues you may be having with your sex life, whether you are an individual or a couple. You will be able to talk openly, and confidentially.
- Psychosexual Therapy sessions do not involve any examinations, or tests. You will not be required to undress and any intimate exercises included in the treatment would be carried out in your own home, privately.
- Psychosexual Therapy is a talking therapy and allows Individuals and Couples to explore and assess their sexual problems and the thoughts, behaviours and other factors that may be contributing to them.
- Sex therapy is open to all adults of all ages whether you are currently in a relationship or not;
- I work with Heterosexual, Bisexual, Lesbian, Gay, Transgender and other sexual minority couples and individuals.
- Some of the issues psychosexual therapy can help with include:
Loss of sexual interest or desire, painful intercourse, erectile disorder, vaginismus, dyspareunia, orgasm difficulties, arousal disorders, ejaculation problems (rapid, delayed, dry, early), inability to achieve penetrative sex, sex avoidance, menopause, vaginal dryness, fear of sex, addictions (love, sex, pornography), inhibitions, fetishes, confusion (identity, gender, sexuality), lack of sex education, infidelity, poor body image, sexually unfulfilled.
This list is by no means exhaustive. In a nutshell, if your sex life isn’t as enjoyable as you would like it to be, and you would like to discuss it in a way that is safe and healthy please contact Carol Graham at the North Hampshire Clinic for further information.
- I believe Psychotherapy/Counselling should be available to everyone. You do not need a referral from your GP to seek therapy sessions at The North Hampshire Clinic, you can self-refer. If you think you may have a problem affording the therapy sessions, please do speak to me about this as we do offer lower cost therapy subject to availability.
- Whatever sort of relationship you are in, whatever difficulties you may be experiencing; Couples therapy helps you to verbalise, explore and resolve those difficulties in a safe, non-judgemental environment.
- If you want your partner to listen to you, understand what you’re saying and see you with fresh eyes. If you just can’t communicate effectively and need to be heard, then Couples Therapy will be sure to help you.
- Couples come to therapy for a variety of reasons. To name a few; inability to communicate, money problems, addictions, affairs, lack of sexual desire, sexual dysfunctions, conflict, differences of opinion, jealousy, insecurity.
- At the North Hampshire Clinic, couples’ therapy begins with a thorough assessment process which you will attend together and, occasionally, individually. You can discuss all aspects of your relationship, what’s working and what isn’t. Once the assessment is complete, a plan will be formulated and presented to you both. At this point I will explain the treatment and what is involved. You can discuss how and when your sessions will progress and any areas of concern you have. For those with sexual issues, please be assured that you will not be expected to carry out any intimate exercises in the sessions. Neither would you be expected to undress or to be examined or tested.
- My role is to not take sides; I remain neutral at all times and act in the best interests of the relationship. I will only work for the relationship; something that I will encourage you both to do too. It is not my role to save your relationship but to facilitate your process, help you explore and communicate and to hold you both in a safe space whilst you journey to a place and time where you are able to re-connect. For some couples however, they themselves reach the conclusion that they have come to the end of the road and that it is time to part.
- It is difficult to say how many sessions a couple would need as everyone, and every relationship is unique. However, in most cases, it can take 6 – 20 sessions. Longer for more complex work.
- I believe Psychotherapy/Counselling should be available to everyone. You do not need a referral from your GP to seek therapy sessions at The North Hampshire Clinic, you can self-refer.
My training, work experience and any achievement
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Bisexual Issues
- Couple Relationships
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Gay Issues
- Gender Identity Disorders
- Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
- Lesbian Issues
- Marriage (Marital Relations)
- Mens Issues
- Personal Relationships
- Premature Ejaculation (PE)
- Relationship Problems
- Same Sex Relationships
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Addiction
- Sexual Dysfunctions
- Transgender Issues
- Internet Addiction
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Issues
- Sexual Issues
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Relationship Counselling
- Couples Therapy
- Addiction Therapy
- Psychosexual Therapy
Special Online Booking Offers
Low Income/Student Concessions:
I believe that psychotherapy/counselling sessions should be available for all, therefore I am able to offer a limited number of lower cost sessions each week for people who are unemployed, people in low income households and students. Please do not hesitate to ask if you believe you fall into one of these categories and wish to be considered. Please be aware, that there is sometimes a waiting list for these sessions.
Write a Review of Mrs. Carol Graham
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.