I am a fully qualified and BACP accredited Psychotherapist, EMDR & EFT Practitioner and Gestalt Counsellor. I am also one of only a few trained therapists in the UK in the fast growing and evidence based Internal Family System (IFS) approach, devised by Richard Schwarz, PhD. IFS is a hugely fascinating yet straight forward and clear model of the human psyche, which makes it easy to understand one’s thought patterns and behaviours. It offers a beautifully respectful and gentle way of working towards reducing pain and suffering in mind and body. To find out more, go to my website.
I have worked in education abroad for 15 years and since qualifying as a Counsellor and psychotherapist I have worked in a very busy GP surgery and a variety of educational settings. I have also run a Counselling Service for a vibrant and busy organisation in the inner city of Birmingham. At present I am part of a team at a Health Clinic in Birmingham and work in private practice.
- Accredited member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Registered with the United Kingdom Register of Counsellors/Psychotherapists (UKRCP)
Code of Ethics
- I adhere to the BACP code of ethics.
- I demonstrate the capacity for independent, competent, ethical practice.
- I receive regular supervision.
- I undertake ongoing professional development.
- I have valid Professional Civil Liability Insurance.
How I work
- My aim is to help you create a rich and meaningful life that is worth living.
I gently invite you into a dialogue, as I see us very much as equals in terms of value but different in our roles when we work together. I offer you my full attention and care as well as professional insights and a variety of therapeutic techniques.
- In all our work I honour your unique personality and tailor our work accordingly. You can choose from a variety of therapeutic techniques throughout every consultation so you can process difficult experiences from your past, release the emotional weight and pain that you have carried and move forward with confidence and joy.
- Here I have listed the main therapeutic approaches and a number of techniques that we might use in our work together:
Psychotherapy, Gestalt Counselling, EMDR, Internal Family System Therapy (IFS), Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Mind-Body Strategies for Holistic Health & Well being, Inner Child Work, Creative Visualisation, Relaxation techniques, Somatic Experiencing, Creative Journaling
Problems you can get help with
- Emotional Issues such as depression, post natal depression, anger, anxiety and panic attacks, bereavement, stress, trauma, self harm, low self esteem, relationship problems, sexual-emotional-and domestic abuse
- Physical Issues such as pain relief, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), back problems, infertility, sleep problems, psychosomatic symptoms
- Contact me for your initial FREE 30 min consultation conducted over the phone
No obligation to book further appointments.
- Appointments available Mo-Fri from 8am to 8pm and Sat 9am-1pm.
- Every consultation is conducted in complete confidence.
- All appointments after the initial free consultation will be face to face appointments at Harborne Complementary Health Clinic (11 bus route)or at my Private Practice (61,62,63 bus route).
- FREE parking at either location.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Post Graduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills
- Certificate in EFT
- EMDR Practitioner
- IFS Practitioner
- Birth Art Practitioner
- Endorphin Effect Practitioner
- Training in Body Psychotherapy
- Training in Somatic Experiencing
Other language: German
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Avoidant Personality
- Childhood Issues
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Concentration Problems
- Family Problems
- Impulsive Behaviour
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Marriage (Marital Relations)
- Mental Health Problems
- Midlife Crisis
- Pain Management
- Panic Attacks
- Personal Relationships
- Physical Abuse
- Physical Illness
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Repetitive Negative Patterns
- Self Development
- Sexual Abuse
- Social Phobia
- Stress Management
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- EFT (MTT) Tapping
- EFT (MTT) Tapping: £50/session
- Counselling: £50/session
- EMDR: £50/session
- Psychotherapy: £50/session
Special Online Booking Offers
- FREE initial 30 min consultation conducted over the phone - so it couldn’t be easier.
- £50 for 60 min
- Payment in cash, cheque or bank transfer is required at the end of each session.
- Your money goes further than you think. I give 10% of my income to charitable causes such as clean water projects, homes for street children and social projects for disadvantaged people
Write a Review of Mrs. Margarethe Beckett
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.