About Diane Sorensen
My name is Diane Sorensen, I am an experienced York based Counsellor/Psychotherapist, BACP Accredited and Registered
I offer individual and couple counselling. My fees are £40 for individuals and £45 for couples for a 50 minute session.
I offer an initial session (for which the fee is payable) as an opportunity for us to get to know each other a little and for any questions to be asked. I offer this opportunity to see if we can work together effectively, as I believe it is important that you have someone you feel you can relate to.
I have many years experience of working with individuals and couples, covering a wide range of issues, which include relationships and anger management. I have worked in Local authorities, education, weight management and childhood sexual abuse organisations.
There is free parking, a place to secure a cycle and I am easily accessed by public transport, or just a 15/20 minute walk from York City Centre.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- MBACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist.
- Psychotherapy Diploma in Embodied Relational therapy
- European Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Advanced Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling
- Trained in Weight Management Issues
- S.F.S.C. Accredited Group Work Facilitator
- Therapeutic Group Work Certificate
- Certificate in teaching adult learners
- Theoretical framework: Gestalt. Intergrative Humanistic, Person centred.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Affairs and Betrayals;
Child Related Issues
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Separation and Divorce
Work related issues.
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Childhood Issues
- Couple Relationships
- Criminal Behaviour
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Manipulative Behaviour
- Marriage (Marital Relations)
- Mental Health Problems
- Midlife Crisis
- Negative Thoughts
- Panic Attacks
- Personal Growth
- Personal Relationships
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Repetitive Negative Patterns
- Same Sex Relationships
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Stress Management
Special Online Booking Offers
- £45 for individuals and £50 for couples
Write a Review of Diane Sorensen
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.