About Hilary Sims
- People come to see me for a safe, non-judgemental and confidential environment.
- My professional help can help you to break free so that you can live your life again.
- Our therapy sessions will give you the space to explore the issues that are causing you suffering and by offering you a high standard of therapeutic care and support, I can help you to find solutions to those problems.
I undertake three main types of therapy, all of which require mutual trust, honesty and understanding – the benchmark of my professional approach.
1) Humanistic Counselling (Person Centred) is an extremely effective method that enables you to explore freely your whole life experience, rather than focusing on one specific area or problem. It will allow you to realise your skills/strengths and we will work together to build on these to reach your goals.
2)Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a structured therapy that is used mostly to treat anxiety and depression. It is a collaborative intervention, which means that together, we will agree a step-by-step plan for you to modify your behaviour. You can practise these between sessions and when we meet, we will assess the changes that this practice has bought about.
3)Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT) is a short-term treatment that focuses finding a solution to a specific problem.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- AQA Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- Certificate in Counselling Young People
- Certificate in Couple and Family Counselling
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society
- I hold an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Certificate and full public liability insurance.
- Mental Health Consequences of childhood sexual abuse - Social/Trauma Model Training
- Self Harm Training
- Mental Health First Aid Awareness Training
- I am available Monday to Thursday, 10am to 8pm. Friday 10am to 4pm.
- We can meet either in my specially created therapy room at my home in Stourbridge – a peaceful space which offers complete privacy and confidentiality – or I can visit you in your home if you have a suitable space available.
- We will work together on deciding how many sessions will be suitable for you. Each individual case is different – some people may only need a couple of sessions but others prefer or need a longer-term approach.
- I work with both private clients and businesses that are keen to support their employees with an Employee Assistance Programme.
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Career Counselling
- Couple Relationships
- Family Problems
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Mental Health Problems
- Negative Thoughts
- Relationship Problems
- Stress Management
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Couples Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £45.00/session
- Counselling: £45.00/session
Write a Review of Life Balance Counselling
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.