I offer talking therapy and creative therapy to help you make sense of recent or longstanding difficulties, manage overwhelming thoughts and feelings, and discover choices where you may feel you have none.
I take a holistic approach to therapy meaning our feelings, our thoughts and our behaviour are closely linked so if we change one, then the others can change too.
The number of sessions will vary depending on what you want to be different in your life but can be up to 6 sessions, several months or several years. You will be listened to with care and never judged.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Sue Crowder BSc.
- Diploma in Counselling (Humanistic with TA)
- MBACP (Accredited)
- I started my career in scientific research and after raising my family, trained & qualified as a counsellor in 2004.
- I am accredited with BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and on the UKRCP register.
- I have offered short term counselling in a GP surgery, have been a Recovery worker for Rethink ( a national Mental Health charity) and been in private practice for 10 years. Individuals have worked with me on issues such as anxiety, self esteem, challenges to their faith, mental health, depression, spirituality, relationship difficulties, trauma and much more.
- I have worked with scores of clients from all walks of life and aged from 15 to 75 years of age. It is rarely too soon or too late to look for change.
- I use TA (Transactional Analysis - the Parent Adult Child model of personality) which is much simpler than it sounds. Many clients go home after the initial session with a huge sense of relief. They say TA has helped them understand themselves and others.
There are no steps into my consulting room and there is free parking outside.
- There is no charge for the initial one hour session.
- A reduced fee may be negotiated in exceptional circumstances.
After many years struggling with depression and negative thoughts I came across Sue. I had tried counselling in the past but always found it so unhelpful. Just sitting there talking didn’t do it for me, but I thought I would give it one more try as I really was at my lowest point and anything was worth trying! Sue was like a breath of fresh air. Her Transactional Analysis Style made complete sense to me. She didn’t just sit their impassively nodding her head and asking me how it made me feel. The counselling process with Sue has enabled me to deal with my thoughts and feelings in a positive way and move on in my life. For the first time ever I feel that I am living a ’normal’ life as a ’normal’ person and enjoying myself. Sue makes you feel like you are the only one that matters to her at that moment in time. I have since been able to move on from counselling with her but will never forget the work she helped me achieve!
Write a Review of Sue Crowder
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.