About JMA Counselling
Everyone at some time or another has issues they are struggling with.
In today’s world it is easy to become overwhelmed and lose perspective trying to juggle the many demands upon our time and energy. It can sometimes feel embarrassing to admit that we are struggling to cope, for whatever reason. I offer a warm, accepting place in safe discreet surroundings where you can explore the issues which may be troubling you, enabling you to regain perspective and achieve calm.
I work with clients of a wide range of ages from teenage to the elderly and have experience of working with people who are suffering from the effects of stress, depression, anxiety, eating disorders, bereavement as well as issues of low self-esteem, lack of confidence, relationship difficulties and school and workplace struggles. I can also support clients who are struggling with addictions or who need help with anger management issues.
I work in a person-centred way, drawing on elements of existential philosophy and cognitive behavioural therapy to offer my clients the therapy most suited to their needs. I am able to offer both short and long-term therapy. I am an experienced, fully qualified and insured counsellor and member of the BACP and as such am bound by their Code of Ethics.
I believe every individual has the power to be the best they can be - they just need to understand how to achieve that.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Registered Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
- FdA in Counselling (Humanistic) with Commendation
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Certificate in Counselling Skills Levels 1, 2 and 3
- CPD Training:
- Working with Addictions
- Relaxation Skills
- I also have experience of working with university students in a counselling agency, the elderly in a supported living care home as well a diverse range of clients through my own private practice.
I also provide couples counselling which is charged at £60 per hour rather than the 50 minute therapy hour.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
counselling, psychotherapy and cognitive behavioural therapy
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Alcohol Dependence
- Anger Management
- Avoidant Personality
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Cultural Issues
- Domestic Violence
- Eating Disorders
- Family Problems
- Impulsive Behaviour
- Internet Addiction
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Mens Issues
- Mental Health Problems
- Midlife Crisis
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
- Personal Growth
- Personal Relationships
- Personality Disorders (PD)
- Physical Abuse
- Relationship Problems
- Repetitive Negative Patterns
- Self Determination
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Social Phobia
- Stress Management
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £50/session
- Counselling: £50/session
- Psychotherapy: £50/session
Write a Review of Mrs. Jackie Anahory
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.