About Carla Swan
There can come a time in everyone’s life when just coping day to day feels like a struggle. Recognising that some help or support is needed is a critical first step to getting back on an even keel.
As an empathetic, accredited and experienced therapist, I will teach you the skills you need to enable you to return to being yourself again.
A member of the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy abd the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, I work to the highest standards of professionalism. Governed by the strict codes of clinical practice, ethics and client confidentiality, my therapeutic approaches are Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Psychodynamic, Systemic and Short Term Brief therapy.
Through life we all can have periods of personal challenge. When facing times of crisis or on-going negative feelings and behaviours, the support of a professional counsellor & therapist can make all the difference… To show that there can be a light at the end of the tunnel.
My work includes helping people with:
• Relationship Counselling
• Individual therapy
• Managing separation
• Lowering the impact of divorce on children
• Difficulties in sustaining relationships
• Recovering from relationship breakdown
• Borderline Personality Disorder
• Bi Polar Disorder
• Panic Disorder
• Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling)
• Domestic Violence
• Survivors of Sexual Abuse
• Low Self Esteem
• Difficulty in expressing feelings
The Therapeutic & Counselling Process
While therapists and counsellors use a range of models and techniques to help their clients we also recognise that each person is unique.
Therefore I will always begin with an initial consultation to discuss your concerns and to formulate with you a plan of action to take things forward.
Following on from this we will agree a programme of regular sessions where we will process the past, make sense of your problems and their impact on the present. Working through the issues will empower you to live a different, more fulfilling life. Together, we will develop a toolbox of techniques that will not only aid recovery at the time but will be there for you to use in the future, should you ever need to do so.
Good therapy should be collaborative. So at every session I will ask you for feedback on how you feel and your impressions of how the process is going. This way you can influence the speed of the therapy and be comfortable that you are getting the most from each session.
At the end of the process we will build a “relapse prevention plan”. This will contain what you have learnt throughout the sessions.
It is there to help you to identify the warning signs and, if you feel that you are slipping back, to provide plan of action to address the issues before they become a significant problem again.
I am an experienced and highly trained therapist.
My qualifications include:
Oxford University (OCTC)
• CBT Post Grad Masters Level Diploma
• CBT Post Grad Diploma
Relate / University of East London
• Post Grad Certificate Couple Counselling
• Spreading the Word – David Clark
• Working with psychosis
• Solution Focused Brief Therapy
• Adult Survivors of Sexual Abuse
• Domestic Violence Assessment & Intervention
• Mental Health & Couples
• Working Systemically with Sexual Problems
My experience includes working in a number of areas including:
• NHS Secondary Care
• NHS Primary Care (IAPT)
• Campbell Centre Clinic
• Family Law Practices
• Climb Your Mountain
My training, work experience and any achievement
Accredited Family Law Consultant - Resolution
• CBT Post Grad Masters/Diploma (OCTC) – Oxford University
• CBT Post Grad Diploma – Oxford College
• Post Grad Certificate -Foundation in Couple Counselling - Relate - University of East London
• CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) - Relate
• Spreading the Word – David Clark - OCTC
• Solution Focused Brief Therapy - Relate
• Adult Survivors of Sexual Abuse Parts 1 & 2 - Relate
• Domestic Violence Assessment & Intervention - Relate
• Domestic Violence Awareness & Safety - Relate
• Domestic Violence Abuse Individual Structured Interview - Relate
• Mental Health & Couple Counselling - Relate
• Consultation with a Counsellor - Relate
• Working Systemically with Sexual Issues - Relate
• Working with Sex – In Context of Relationship Counselling - Relate
• Creative Ways of Working with Older Primary School Children (8-11Years)
• Group Skills (Theory & Practice) for Trainers - National Open College Network (Provided by Relate)
• Qualification as a Relate Counsellor
• Consultation with a Counsellor
• RIO Skills - NHS
• Introduction to Counselling - Bedford College
• Influencing & Impact Skills - Ashridge Management College
• Interpersonal, Creativity & Negotiating Skills - Ashridge Management College
Other concerns & issues I deal with
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £70/session
- Counselling: £60/session
Write a Review of Carla Swan
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.