About Carolyn Stafford Bell, BA Humanistic Counselling, MBACP (Accred)
My approach to counselling is integrative, fundamentally built on person-centred. My aim is to provide a safe environment where your thoughts and feelings are given the time and space to be voiced and heard.
We all experience problems in our lives at some point, whether you may be going through a period of crisis, or perhaps you are hoping to change self-defeating patterns of thinking and behaviour, and when we are troubled we often don’t know what type of help we need we just know we need help. Telling someone you know (family/friends) may be difficult because it is personal and private, and they may offer their opinion and advice.
Counselling is different, it provides a non-judgemental response, counselling enables you to work through painful feelings, to grow in self-understanding and confidence, explore and develop coping strategies by looking at your options.
I would like to offer a good working relationship, where you can feel comfortable enough to share what is troubling you. Of course there is more than one way to work together, and I can draw from the different modalities and tailor my approach to suit individual clients.
- I have gained a Post Graduate Certificate in Person Centred Supervision (from a BACP Endorsed course). I am a registered member of BACP and eligible for accreditation status, which ensures i work within a Code of Ethics and Standards.
- The way I work is from a humanistic perspective; to offer supervisee’s a safe and confidential space to share their client work and feel supported in their practice, working with the individual need/level of experience of the supervisee in each session.
- Good supervision should be ethical, authentic and supportive - active, enlightening and spontaneous: trusting the process and gaining more self-awareness through reflective practice.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- BA (Hons) in Humanistic Counselling
- Post Graduate Certificate in Supervision
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Advanced Cert. in Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Working with Children & Young People
- Child Protection & Safeguarding
- Post graduate Diploma in Supervision
- Professional graduate in Education
- Working with Couples
I have attended the following specialist workshops for continous professional development
- Counselling with tools & props
- Working with Clients’ family issues
- Techniques: Theory to Practice
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Unlocking Abuse
- Grief & Loss
- Private practice
- Working with Fear & Anger
- Loss & bereavement
- Trauma: Developmental Stages
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Domestic Violence
- Self-harm & Suicide
- Substance misuse
- Mental Health Awareness Level 2: eating disorders, depression, bipolar, post-natal depression
- Sex & Sexuality
- Sex & Relationships in Counselling
- Body process work & Dream work
Rates & Terms
- Payable at the end of each session by cash, credit or debit cards.
- Initial assessment appointment: £25 (up to 45 minutes) + £20 deposit for further bookings
- Individual session: £40 per 50 minutes session.
- Counselling students undertaking personal therapy requirements: £30 per 50 minutes.
- Couples Counselling: £45 per 60 minutessession.
- Clinical supervision: £40 per hour, £60 per 1.5 hours
- Counselling students supervision: £50 per 1.5 hours
- Group supervision: Please contact me for fees.
Working Hours & Availability
My normal hours of practice are:
- Mondays: 9:30am-1pm and 4pm–9pm
- Tuesdays: 9:30am–1pm and 4pm-9pm
- Wednesdays: 9:30am-1pm and 4pm–9pm
- Out of term time, adjustments of hours/days will be given in advance.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Alcohol Dependence
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Avoidant Personality
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Childhood Issues
- Concentration Problems
- Couple Relationships
- Criminal Behaviour
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Family Problems
- Impulsive Behaviour
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Manipulative Behaviour
- Mens Issues
- Mental Health Problems
- Midlife Crisis
- Negative Thoughts
- Panic Attacks
- Personal Growth
- Personal Relationships
- Physical Abuse
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Repetitive Negative Patterns
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Social Phobia
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Unresolved Issues
- Weight Loss
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Couples Therapy
Write a Review of Mrs. Carolyn Stafford
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.