About Susanne Wigram Therapy
Are you looking for a safe and confidential place where you can talk about yourself and your life, about issues which may be painful or confusing and may make you feel uncomfortable, angry or unhappy? I offer you an opportunity to explore your concerns in a way that you often don’t want to or cannot do with family and friends. Perhaps you find that medication does not address all the underlying issues of your symptoms and you suspect that emotional and mental distress needs more than one approach to healing.
Together we will talk about those things that bother you, explore the way you feel and how this affects you, your relationships and your behaviour. We will raise your awareness about how your life experience impacts your relationships and how you manage the difficulties you may be facing. Perhaps you are disappointed with the way life has worked out for you; you feel hopeless or fearful of the future or may search for new meaning in life. I recognise that therapy can be a painful process, but as we engage in an open dialogue we can explore possibilities that will lead to a more fulfilling life, emotional well-being and increasingly satisfying relationships.
I am a qualified, experienced and fully insured counsellor and a senior accredited member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP). I am on the register of several Employee Assistance Programmes and a private health provider. I have worked in various therapeutic settings including private practice, drug and alcohol intervention, charitable counselling services, in management of a counselling service and in the NHS. I am qualified to offer supervision for counsellors and have a certificate in coaching skills.
I offer therapy to adults and older teenagers, from age 16 upwards.
The initial assessment will help us identify whether counselling is the right way forward and whether I am the appropriate counsellor for you. My commitment to you is to provide weekly counselling in a non-judgmental, friendly and confidential environment.
Certain counselling styles suit some people more than others. I use an integrative, relational and holistic approach to therapy, drawing from a range of counselling approaches to provide the right support for you. Spiritual and faith issues can be included if you so wish.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I have a degree in Counselling, accredited by the University of Middlesex.
- I run a private practice based at Fairfield, where you would come and meet with me.
- It’s only a 3 minute walk from the Metropolitan Line tube station in Northwood Hills.
- Free parking is available at rear of building.
- I offer short term counselling where appropriate, but also mid to longer term, depending on the issues you’d like to explore. - Having lived in different cultures, I am interested in and sensitive towards counselling people from varied cultural backgrounds.
- People I have worked with have reported a growth in self-confidence and self-awareness, relief from depression and anxiety, overcame obstacles preventing reduction of substance misuse, gained a clearer sense of self, found a way through complicated relationships or made sense of the pain of loss and bereavement.
- I am trained as a clinical supervisor for counsellors and offer monthly or fortnightly supervision sessions.
I work with many issues impacting on the life of my clients, ranging from anger management, anxiety, depression, bereavement, addiction, low self-worth, abuse, OCD, phobias, stress, miscarriage, relationship issues, e.g. jealousy, poor communication and more.
Sometimes we don’t know what it is we are struggling with, we just have a sense of unhappiness, discontent, low mood. We will together explore the underlying reasons for those feelings. Some of us experience unexplained medical symptoms which are resistant to medication. These could have an emotional basis and we would work in a way that explores the connection between our body, mind and emotions and their impact on each other.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Antisocial Personality Disorder (APD)
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Childhood Issues
- Concentration Problems
- Cultural Issues
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Internet Addiction
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Mental Health Problems
- Midlife Crisis
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
- Panic Attacks
- Personal Relationships
- Physical Abuse
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Relationship Problems
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Social Phobia
- Stress Management
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £50/session
- Counselling: £50/session
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT): £50/session
Special Online Booking Offers
Fees for Northwood Practice
- Assessment session: £35 (50 min)
- Any additional sessions: £50 per hour
- Supervision for Counsellors: £50 per hour
- Concessions available for students, the unemployed or those on low income. Please inquire.
Write a Review of
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.