About Counselling, Psychotherapy and Supervision in North London
I am a UKCP qualified and registered Counsellor, Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist and Mental Health professional of many years standing and will be happy to listen to you, help you make sense of your history whilst facilitating creative and therapeutic solutions to your problems.
I specialise in helping those who feel anxious, depressed, stuck (unable to make decisions or move forward decisively), have a weak sense of self and low self esteem, and those with relationship problems and family issues. I also offer relationship counselling to couples in crisis.
What is Psychotherapy?
- Psychotherapy is a means to gain a sense of control of one’s life whilst hopefully reaching a fuller understanding of how our mind works, by taking a considered and thoughtful look at our history, behaviours and feelings, and the dynamics of our relations with others.
- It is not necessarily a short term fix and if done properly will take time and commitment but can be worked at from a solution focused shorter term perspective.
I will be there to listen to and understand your story in a completely confidential and non judgmental way that will hopefully allow you to fully express your emotions, facilitate a greater understanding of your unconscious processes and dreams, leading to explanations of why you behave the way you do whilst looking for creative and therapeutic solutions to deep rooted issues.
The ultimate goal is a thorough understanding of oneself, a way forward to a greater sense of confidence and wholeness, to realise your full potential, acheive your goals and become who you are meant to be.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- I trained and qualified at AGIP to Masters level and am registered with the UKCP.
- Member of Council for Psychoanalysis and Jungian Analysis College.
- Member of Association for Group and Individual Psychotherapy.
- I am currently Chair of Council at AGIP and Editor of the AGIP newsletter.
- I also publish articles and lecture on film and cultural studies from a psychoanalytic perspective.
- I also give seminars at AGIP on ’The Importance of Dream Language in Analysis’ and ’Clinical Studies’.
- I am a UKCP accredited Jungian Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist and focus on helping people to move forward in their lives, to overcome depression and anxiety and to find out who you are and what you want to be.
To reach for fulfillment in a creative way, using dreams and creative active imagination to unlock the barriers to success and contentment and find a way forward to achieve your potential.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Alcohol Dependence
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Aspergers Syndrome
- Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Career Counselling
- Childhood Issues
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME)
- Compulsive Behaviour
- Couple Relationships
- Dependent Personality Disorder (DPD)
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Family Problems
- Impulsive Behaviour
- Integration of Experience
- Learning Difficulties
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
- Marriage (Marital Relations)
- Mens Issues
- Midlife Crisis
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
- Pain Management
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Paranoid Personality Disorder
- Personal Relationships
- Personality Disorders (PD)
- Physical Abuse
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Schizoid Personality Disorder
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Self Determination
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Unresolved Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
Write a Review of Donald Butler
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.