About North London Counselling
I offer a professional one-to-one counselling and personal development service that provides a safe, quiet and confidential setting where you can explore and gain a deeper understanding of the issues that brought you to counselling. I will support you in finding your own solutions to the problems that prevent you from leading a satisfying and resourceful life.
My training, work experience and any achievement
PG Diploma Integrative Counselling
Access Dip Westminster Pastoral Foundation
Race and Cultural Education Counselling
BA Hons Humanities (Psychology Major)
Prior to any commencement of counselling there will be an initial assessment interview to establish whether counselling is appropriate for your needs and to establish the nature of our future work together. During this session and this session only I will make some notes. Counselling is most effective where there is a solid relationship between the client and the counsellor. This consultation will provide an opportunity for you to get a feel about working with me and if we decide to work together, we will come to a mutual agreement on the time, day and your preferred venue for our sessions. The session will last up to 50 minutes and will:
• Enable you to get a feel for what counselling involves and how it may help you. It will give you an opportunity to ask any questions or discuss any concerns you may have and help you decide on whether you feel you can work with me.
• Provide a time for you to discuss the practicalities of counselling by looking at times, cancellations, fees, confidentiality and the general rules that both client and counsellor must abide by.
• Give me a chance to make an assessment of the areas of difficulty that you want to work on and decide with you on what you would like to achieve from counselling. I will let you know if I feel qualified to work within the area of work presented or whether I can refer you to someone who is better qualified.
• Give us a chance to agree on a suitable length of work. This could be long or short term counselling depending on the areas of difficulty we will be working on. There are some areas of work that demand more in-depth counselling, for example, eating disorders, abuse, or depression.
Importantly, this initial session is also designed for you to make an assessment of me as your counsellor and to decide if you can work with me. Attending an initial assessment does not mean that you are obliged to continue with counselling sessions. All enquiries are strictly confidential.
Age I Work With
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Childhood Issues
- Cultural Issues
- Domestic Violence
- Family Problems
- HIV and AIDS
- Marriage (Marital Relations)
- Panic Disorder
- Personal Relationships
- Physical Abuse
- Post Natal Depression (PND)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Problems
- Self Development
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Harassment
- Sleep Disorders
- Terminal Illness
- Weight Loss
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Counselling: £45.00/session
- Psychotherapy: £45.00/session
Write a Review of Ms. Georgina James
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.