About Janet Greenwood
- I am a fully qualified, highly skilled and experienced accredited senior counsellor and counselling supervisor with 18-years experience.
- I have worked with many clients (over 12.000) from across a broad spectrum and covering a wide range of issues such as, relationship problems, depression, stress (work related and personal) anxiety, bereavement, abuse, sexuality, identity, and many other personal matters.
- As individuals, we know what is best or good for us; it is inherent in all of us.
- Sometimes, we lose sight of this and begin to think and feel in a negative or irrational way.
- We lose our ability to resolve our own, personal issues and cease to live in a positive and productive way.
- We begin to make poor choices and decisions.
- We can feel depressed, anxious, trapped, confused, isolated, empty and lost.
- People come to see me for a variety of reasons, I can to help you work through your difficulties in a non-judgemental, confidential, therapeutic space.
- I am situated in the Glossop/Hadfield and Bredbury areas and I am close to other areas.
- These include, Tameside, Oldham, Stockport, Buxton, Chapel, Hayfield New Mills and surrounding areas.
- I am fully insured and an accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy BACP, Accred.
- UKRCP reg and abide by its code of Ethical Standards for Good Practice.
How I Can Help You
- My role is to build a therapeutic relationship and to offer you a confidential, warm and safe environment where you are able to talk openly and freely.
- My aim within the therapeutic relationship is to help you increase your potential, make better choices and find meaning and purpose within your life.
- You can learn how to manage negative and distressful thought patterns and behaviours.
- I provide a professional, confidential service that fits your needs and enables you to be able to talk openly without feeling under pressure.
- I provide a pressure free space where you can explore your thoughts and feelings and begin to make sense of your world.
- You can develop a clearer understanding of who you are and find a resolve to your internal conflict and live a more resourceful life.
- I’m here to help you explore, understand and manage your difficulties so that you can begin to feel a richer sense of well-being.
- Each one of us has the resources within ourselves to cope and to bring about change.
- I offer encouragement and support throughout this process.
- I will be working with you and helping you to identify with yourself once again.
- If we stop and think about our own thoughts, we can see that they are ever changing as we change and grow constantly.
- I employ various counselling approaches that enables me to work eclectically with each person moment by moment.
- I have worked within the Third Sector for many years, the Primary Care Trust (NHS) Connexions, schools, GP’s surgeries and in private practice.
- The training and experience I have gained over the years has given me knowledge and understanding of an integrated range of theories, techniques and applications such as; C.B.T. T.A. and Gestalt with the Person Centred model underpinning my work.
The issues covered in my work range from;
- Abuse; Emotional; Physical; Sexual.
- Bereavement, Grief and Loss.
- Couples Counselling.
- Domestic Abuse.
- Eating Disorders.
- Family Matters.
- Low Self-esteem, Confidence.
- Personal Development.
- Post Traumatic Stress.
- Panic Attacks.
- Relationship Issues.
- Other issues.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Certificate in Counselling 1999 level 1
- Certificate in Counselling 2000 level 2
- Diploma in Counselling 2002 level 3
- Diploma in Casework Supervision 2008 level 4
- T.A.101. 2017
- MBACP Accredited
- UKRCP Registered
- Confidentiality and Disclosure 2002
- Brief Therapy Solutions 2003
- Bereavement, Grief and Loss Workshops 2004
- Introduction to CBT / CBT Applications 2005
- Eating Disorders 2006
- Introduction to Gestalt 2007
- Taming the Tiger (Gestalt Anger Management) 2008
- Neuroscience and Psychotherapy (Gestalt) 2009
- Working with Autism and Aspergers 2010
- Safeguarding Children Child Protection Awareness 2002/2007/2010.
Testimonials:(All testimonials are genuine)
- I suffered the death of my Farther when I was 16yrs old, and up to the age of 28 I never spoke to anybody about it, how to deal with the grief, or told anybody how I felt inside. In not talking for 12yrs I seriously put myself under mental pressure that took to me to the edge and ate me away inside. Janet helped me see how to deal with and overcome the issues that I faced, and I can honestly say that before I went to see her I truly belived that I had reached the point where help was to late, but its never to late when somebody like this can guide you. I now have a new outlook and can say that I am now happy with my life. Anon
- I can not recommend Janet enough, she has helped me a great deal, she is so easy to talk to and I always feel much better about myself when I have spoken to her! L.B.
- I came to see Janet as I was finding it hard to cope when my daughter became ill. I found Janet extremely helpful, supportive and empathic. The counselling I received help me to cope and recognise the inner strength I didn’t know I had. I’m so glad I went to see her. Thankfully my daughter made a full and complete recovery. D.K.
- I cannot recommend Janet highly enough. She is very professional and put me at ease straight away. I was able to evaluate my life differenty in way I have not been able to with others before. My life has now dramatically turned around as I have now been able to believe in myself and have more confidence. Thankyou J.G.
- Working with Janet helped me to recognise the areas where I could improve my life. I felt more positive and began to feel a lot more confident about where I was going. Miss H
- After a particularly traumatic and stressful relationship break up I was advised to attend counselling sessions with Janet. After a series of sessions Janet has helped me to see things more clearly and alleviate the stress I was experiencing. I am finding life so much easier now and am managing to put everything behind me and start a fresh. I would highly recommend. E.A.
- I have recently had a series of counselling sessions with J.G. Counselling. I was experiencing a great deal of difficulty at work and it was causing a lot of anxiety and stress. It was begining to dominate my personal life.
J.G. Helped me to develop a clearer perspective and re-evaluate my situation. I can now manage my personal and work life a lot more productively. I would like to say a big thankyou to J.G. C. Miss B
- I received counselling from Janet Greenwood regarding personal issues. I found her to be highly illuminating about my situation, I discovered a different me. I was astounded at how much change I felt after seeing Janet. I would recommend Janet to anyone who feels lost. Y.L.
- I am currently under Janets supervision with counselling having gone through a major trauma in my life and turning into a very timid and emotional character and with support and understanding from Janet and how she talks me through the situation I am now getting back to my normal self and feeling so much better about myself and feeling so much more confident in all aspects of my life. Thanks so much to Janet and I would recommend her to anyone who needs a counsellor. She also approaches her sessions with a very warm and professional attitude and makes the time she spends with you very comfortable indeed. Y. Holt. Cheshire
- I came to see Janet after experiencing a series of anxiety and panic attacks in both work and social situations. Janet provided a comfortable and relaxing 1-on-1 environment in which I was able to speak freely about my issues, and has helped me to understand what was happening and why. She has given me the tools to better manage my anxiety, and more importantly shown how I can stop the problems all together by changing the way I think and deal with them. C.H. Derbyshire
- The personal improvement I have seen between my first session and now is huge, and I can’t recommend Janet highly enough. Thank you Janet! Anon. Glossop
- I was advised to seek counselling as I was suffering from work place stress. I was given an appointment the day after requesting counselling. Janet has a very relaxed, friendly & professional approach which immediately made me feel at ease. My sessions with her made me feel supported & she helped me to realise that I was not alone. At the end of my sessions I felt empowered & more confident. I would highly recommend Janet to anybody seeking counselling. Anon
- When I had counselling with Janet I was at a very low point in my life after the loss of my dad.
Janet was wonderful right from start. She made me feel at ease, listening and understanding all the emotions I was going through. My sessions with Janet were very professional but in a very warm and friendly atmosphere where I felt at ease, like I was sat with a friend. Thank you Janet for all your help and support throughout this difficult time. J P. Derbyshire
- Janet was empathic, caring and listened well. She got to the root of the problem rather than just looking at what was happening on the surface. She also assessed my personality and offered practical advice as well. Annie, Stalybridge
- Having difficulties in generally coping at work due to my anxiety, Janet listened with understanding and gave me good advice on coping strategies which helped a great deal. Thank you, Janet. J P
- I started counselling supervision with Janet at a particularly tricky time during my Diploma in Person-centred Therapy. I was really struggling with some of my client work and she immediately came to my rescue! She is an excellent sounding board and helped me to reflect on the work I was doing. Janet is always positive and encouraging and has lots of experience to share which really facilitated my learning. Thank you! Holly Markin Glossop
Other concerns & issues I deal with
I am also a Counselling Supervisor. This means that, I work with other counsellors providing, education, management and support for them. This work is there to enhance the practitioner’s skills and development. I have regular supervision myself, at least once a month. Supervision is a requirement of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). All counsellors are required to have at least 90 minutes supervision every month in order to practice ethically and maintain a good and effective working ethos.
- Online and Face-to-face Talk Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Life Coaching
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £40.00/session
- Counselling: £40.00/session
- Psychotherapy: £40.00/session
- Life Coaching: £40.00/session
Special Online Booking Offers
- £40.00 per 55 minute session in Glossop
- £50.00 for couples/relationships.
- £50 per 55 minute session in Stockport.
- £60.00 for couples
Supervision, glossop only.
- £75 per 90 minutes for supervision for experienced counsellors and organisations.
- £60 per 90 minutes for students.
To make an appointment, call either of the above numbers. If I don’t answer your call, I will get back to you ASAP or you can leave a message on; 07809227192 or 07572837361.
All phone calls will be answered by me and treated in confidence. Alternatively, you can e-mail me at email@example.com
Write a Review of Manchester & Glossop Counselling
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.