About Alex Drummond
- I’m an experienced and professional cognitive behavioural psychotherapist with over 20 years experience of helping people like you make sense of your situation and develop strategies to cope or manage better.
- Cognitive Therapy is a cost effective way of helping people achieve change in relatively short time frames and often clients need only think in terms of perhaps half a dozen sessions to achieve some positive results.
- Most commonly people come to me with relationship difficulties, work related stress or disillusionment with life issues.
- Cognitive therapy offers a practical, no-nonsense form of therapy that is aiming to create positive change to help you achieve better emotional wellness.
My training, work experience and any achievement
- Qualified to Masters degree level in Counselling
- I also have additional training and specialism in working with gender and sexual diversity clients (LGBTQ) and research and clinical interests in conditions of neuro-diveristy including Adult ADHD, Dyslexia; and autism
- MSc(Dist) in Counselling and Counselling Supervision
- MBACP (Snr.Accred) Senior Accredited status with BACP
- SMT (Accred) Accredited with Pink Therapy as Gender and Sexual - - - Diversity Specialist
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB) in Cognitive Therapy
- Post Grad Cert in Counselling University of Wales, Newport
- BA(QTS) Batchelor of Arts in Secondary Education
- Cognitive therapy has a proven track record of being effective in helping people with common mental and emotional health difficulties such as depression and low mood; anxiety, worry and stress, and in more complex issues such as eating disorders.
- CBT is also establishing itself as an effective intervention in the management of Adult ADHD and this is a particular interest of mine.
- I’m located in Maesycwmmer just outside Caerphilly and less than 15 miles from either Cardiff or Newport.
- My premises offer level access and off-road parking.
Other concerns & issues I deal with
Concerns & issues I deal with
- Anger Management
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bisexual Issues
- Childhood Issues
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (ME)
- Couple Relationships
- Domestic Violence
- Eating Disorders
- Gay Issues
- Gender Dysphoria
- Gender Identity Disorders
- Low Self Confidence
- Low Self Esteem
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
- Marriage (Marital Relations)
- Negative Thoughts
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Attacks
- Panic Disorder
- Personal Relationships
- Pet Bereavement
- Relationship Problems
- Same Sex Relationships
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Social Phobia
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Transgender Issues
- Work Stress
- Emotional Abuse
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Couples Therapy
- Online Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £55/session
- Counselling: £55/session
- Psychotherapy: £55/session
- Online Counselling, Psychotherapy, Hypnotherapy, etc.: £55/session
Write a Review of Talk Me Better
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.