About FocusMe Therapies
I am a professionally trained counsellor and CBT/REBT therapist practicing in London.
- My counselling qualifications are accredited by the Association for Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy under the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, the lead organisation for CBT in the UK and Ireland. The courses are also accredited by the National Counselling Society in the UK.
- I offer individual face-to-face and online therapy (via skype) to adults; I work on a broad range of issues and I am particularly interested in issues related to young women. I am available on weekdays as well as weekends.
- Counselling is a broad term that encompasses various talking therapies. A professional and competent counsellor will provide you with a confidential and supportive environment that will enable you to share and discuss your troubling issues and help you reach satisfying solutions/goals.
- Speaking to a counsellor is different from speaking to a friend or relative; it is often easier to disclose feelings and thoughts to a professional not personally involved in your life/situations. A counsellor will offer you empathy and compassion without taking what you say personally.
- Counselling can help you cope with a broad range of issues. This spectrum can range from work stress, to relationship issues, to traumatic experiences, and to more long term problems such as depression.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy/Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) is an umbrella term for certain approaches to counselling which combine cognitive and behavioural therapies. The core principle in CBT is that emotions and behaviours are triggered by thoughts and cognitions. How you think affects what you do and how you feel. CBT can help you modify how you think and what you do and these changes can help you feel better. Instead of focusing on past experiences, CBT looks for ways to improve your psychological state in the ’here and now’.
- Considerable research-based evidence shows that CBT is one of the most effective forms of therapy for treating many psychological issues such as depression, anxiety, eating disorders, relationship problems, anger problems, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT)
- It is a first form of CBT and was created and developed by American psychologist Albert Ellis. REBT is both philosophically and empirically based; it helps people cope with their emotional and behavioural disturbances and allows them to reach their goals and lead happier lives.
- Extensive research shows that “REBT is not only a clinical theory useful for clinical populations e.g. Clinical Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Eating Disorders, but also an educational system with implications for non-clinical and sub-clinical populations (e.g., depressed mood, lack of assertiveness, test or speaking anxiety) who have an interest in self-help materials and personal development.” (College of Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies)
My training, work experience and any achievement
- BA (with high distinction), American University of Beirut
- MSc, University of Oxford
- Certificate in Counselling Skills and Ethics (AREBT Accredited)
- Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy/Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (AREBT
- Advanced Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy/Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (AREBT Accredited)
Other concerns & issues I deal with
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Relationship Counselling
- Couples Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): £50/session
- Counselling: £50/session
Write a Review of Mona Zeineddine
Thank you for writing your review for this practitioner. Your review will be helpful to other users in choosing a practitioner.
Your contact email address and telephone number will NOT be published. However, if requested we will pass your contact details to the practitioner in question.